Kaleidoscope is seeking a Senior Model Maker with 7+ years of experience creating 3-D consumer product, packaging and presentation models for design, engineer and marketing customers.
Position Overview: The Senior Model Maker will work in our Innovation Lab with our Shop Team under the supervision of the shop manager and in collaboration with internal design teams. Work will be hands-on building low to high fidelity physical product prototypes. The position is responsible for overseeing the production and technical direction of model projects.
• Build physical product prototypes utilizing all available means of fabrication.
• Fabricate products from drawings, CAD files and design direction.
• Provide shop floor leadership, technical direction and training to associate model makers.
• Collaborate with internal design and realization teams to meet project goals.
• Maintain quality control on all projects.
• Maintain project budgets and timelines.
• Assist manager with project estimates.
• 7+ years experience creating models for product development.
• Shop floor supervision, delegation and personnel mentoring.
• Outstanding conventional hand building and finishing skills.
• Thorough hands-on fabricating experience using a variety of power tools, pattern shop floor machinery, CNC machining, rapid prototyping printers and related methods.
• Understanding of product manufacturing processes and materials.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient with Solidworks or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate design ideas through drawings and CAD.
• Proficient with both Mac and PC.
• Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills.
• Reliable and self motivated - goes above and beyond the expected
• Willing to learn and develop on a personal level
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills
• Certificate degree required with a concentration in Model Making, Industrial Design, and Mechanical Engineering or related Industrial Manufacturing.
• Bachelors preferred.
- See more at: http://kaleidoscope.simplicant.com/job/job_detail/14021#sthash.C5tyFMdx.dpuf
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.