User Experience Designer
Here at Platfora and we are revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are building a product unlike anything that has been seen before and our designers are challenged to solve problems and invent solutions every working day. We are making big data useful, interactive, and beautiful for users. Design is at the core of our ethos.
You are at the top of your class and a trailblazer amongst user experience designers. You choose your next project by the impact it will have on the industry and the opportunity to develop an innovative user experience. You enjoy working with a world-class design team, engineers, and product managers to develop your ideas into shipped product features. You thrive at an early stage startup in a fun and open environment with co-workers who are unconstrained by the status quo.
- Create the UX vision and designs for new Platfora products and features, from scratch, in a collaborative environment.
- Hands-on production of low fidelity and high fidelity mockups, new information architectures, and some visual designs.
- Closely coordinate with product management and engineering to meet business objectives.
- Ensure consistency of user interface, application workflows and visual language.
- Prototype and validate proposed designs with customer and product development.
- Maintain familiarity with competitive software applications on different platforms.
- Promote Platfora products and product design group within the greater design community through speaking, social media, and other channels.
- Demonstrable success making complex applications consumer-simple.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design disciplines (typography, composition, color and animation) and principles (affordance, clustering, progressive disclosure, consistency, etc.).
- A portfolio demonstrating a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable interfaces.
- Exceptional creativity, passion for efficient workflows, and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Work well in a collaborative and open environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA.
You Get Bonus Points For…
- A masters degree in human factors, human computer interaction, interaction design, information architecture, or a related field.
- Experience with Business Intelligence or data visualization.
- Mobile UX design experience.
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.
How To Apply