Lead UX Researcher
Here at Platfora and we are revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are building a product unlike anything that has been seen before and our designers are challenged to solve problems and invent solutions every working day. We are making big data useful, interactive, and beautiful for users. Design is at the core of our ethos.
You are at the top of your class and a leader amongst UX researchers and designers. You choose your next project by the impact it will have on the industry and the opportunity to develop an innovative user experience guided by deep user research insights. You enjoy working with a world-class design team, engineers, and product managers to develop your ideas into shipped product features. You thrive at an early stage startup in a fun and open environment with co-workers who are unconstrained by the status quo.
- Conduct user research activities and collect user need/behavior with quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Analyze and synthesize research results, deliver actionable insights to improve the user experience during the development/implementation phase.
- Hands-on production of low fidelity and high fidelity mockups, new information architectures inspired by user research finding and insights.
- Develop research strategies throughout the product lifecycle, from conception to launch and ongoing product optimization.
- Work strategically with other management and team members across the organization and promote user centered design methods.
- Promote Platfora products and product design group within the greater design community through speaking, social media, and other channels.
- Proven track record influencing product direction with actionable customer insights.
- 10+ Years of work experience in UX, product design and research.
- A history of growing responsibility and leadership within successful organizations.
- A portfolio demonstrating a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable interfaces.
- Excellent skills in problem definition and analysis: ability to identify and describe the "problem" from a set of data of varying types.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA.
You Get Bonus Points For…
- A masters degree in cognitive psychology, human factors, human computer interaction, interaction design, information architecture, or a related field.
- Experience with Business Intelligence or data visualization.
- Mobile UX design experience.
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.
How To Apply