The primary responsibilities of the Footwear Designer is to provide design work of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the needs of our clients’s customers and end users, which in turn drives company sales and profits. The Designer should be comfortable designing complete collections around coherent themes, functions, prices, etc and should also have an understanding of product design in relation to our various clients. The Designer should be comfortable providing inspiration and foundation to design team for a collection, combining all necessary trend, material, and market research into a viable product line.
Needs to brings a track record of technical design with success on the market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execution of clients' design direction.
• Work closely with clients to understand opportunities in the market
• Work closely with clients' Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization.
• Work with factories and suppliers.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Research functional criteria for product
• Presentation of ideas for product range
• Be a team player
• Bachelor or university degree (B.A. or B.S) in industrial design and at least two years related work experience in footwear/product design
• Strong design skills, including ideation, sketching, composition, color and presentation building
• Marketplace experience and understanding
• Proven ability working in a team environment that is fast paced, always shifting and bringing on new challenges.
• Exceptional skills in the Adobe suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Fluent in English
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.