Interactive Project Manager (Branding & Interactive Agency)
MSDS is a boutique branding & interactive agency in New York City. For 13 years, we've partnered with nonprofits, academic institutions and game-changing businesses to produce exceptional brand experiences that help change the world and shake-up stagnant industries.
We're looking for a Project Manager who knows how to own, control, and drive large-scale website engagements. Proactive, organized, detail-oriented and able to manage projects to budget and schedule are a given-after all, you wouldn't be a Project Manager if that wasn't how you were wired, right? What we, and our clients, really need, is someone who knows how to keep their finger on the pulse, who can read between the lines, and who's great at managing personalities.
You've got to have excellent communication skills. You've got to know how to set client expectations and elegantly defend against scope creep. You've got to be good at "client jujitsu" when people get nervous or are inexperienced. You need to make sure our team remains focused. And you need to motivate, cajole, and hold people accountable so that we continue to produce great work, our clients love the results, and everyone has a great time along the way.
If you're driven to produce exceptional work, like interesting projects that have meaningful social impact, feel at home in an informal, but serious-minded environment, and love running projects like a well-oiled machine, then we think you'd like working with us.
++ Responsibilities ++
• Develop project plans and schedules
• Manage multiple projects; efficiently prioritize deliverables and resources
• Help develop requirements and statements of work
• Monitor daily project activity and progress, track team hours on weekly basis; review estimated vs actuals
• Manage our clients' and team's expectations around process and deliverables
• Keep clients and our team well-informed, focused and happy
• Make sure every deliverable clients see is up to our standards
• Prepare for, and participate in, client meetings and presentations
• Identify and proactively address potential project risks and scope creep
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, and on budget
• Ensure all project billable additions and expenses are captured
• Evaluate project results and recommend areas to improve
++ Requirements ++
• 3+ years of experience as an Interactive Project Manager
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to make projects a success
• Ability to excel in an Agile environment with great problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of the interactive space-design, development and UX
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Process-minded with a proven ability to deliver projects on time and to scope
• Ability to identify new opportunities during client engagements
• Solid knowledge of MS Office/Google Docs
• Bonus points: Experience with Basecamp, Harvest and Merlin
++ Benefits ++
• Standard Vacation/Holidays
• Summer 1/2 Fridays and Christmas to New Years week off
• Medical & Dental
• A pretty kick-ass studio environment
• Meaningful work you'll feel good about
••• Please send a resume and a brief letter explaining what about this job interests you, what you're looking for, and include salary expectations. You're still reading, right? Only emails with the subject line "MSDS Interactive Project Manager" will be considered, after all, we wouldn't want a PM who misses important details. Thanks!
Recruiters, please don't bother, we're not interested.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.