Freelance Senior Interaction Designer
Freelance Senior Interaction Designers are integral to the HUGE process and are key members of the teams that define the success of so many of our clients online today. Senior Interaction Designers lead research and strategy, information architecture, and interaction design to create superb user experiences. Senior Interaction Designers develop and understand the business requirements of our clients then translate them into experiences their customers will love.
Huge is looking for freelance Senior Interaction Designers for short and long-term contract opportunities.
• Plan and conduct user requirements gathering and analysis, competitive research, conceptual modeling and usability testing
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, prototypes, and design specifications
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
• Manage the interaction design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, project managers, product strategists, and developers.
• Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
• At least 5+ years of user interface design experience
• Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
• Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications
• Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions - must have an intermediate understanding of major web analytics packages and SEO strategies
• Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
• Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
• Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio
• BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
Huge is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.