Senior Interaction Designer
// SENIOR INTERACTION DESIGNER
Passionate about designing compelling experiences for the mobile lifestyle? Want to work for top-tier clients in a fun, small agency in the heart of downtown San Francisco? Our future is mobile, and this is your chance to help define it.
Punchcut is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the Interaction Design team on a full-time basis. You should have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process and be comfortable working independently as well as alongside other designers. You have at least 5 years of relevant design experience, including design for mobile or other services, and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative agency environment.
- Serve as Interaction Design Lead on selected projects; work with project Solution Leads to deliver the best possible interaction design
- Lead brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients; elicit and analyze business requirements through interviews and workshops
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to ideate on design challenges as well as to evaluate the feasibility of proposed solutions
- Lead primary and secondary user research activities
- Develop user interface strategy and vision
- Develop conceptual UI models
- Develop use cases, personas, scenarios and storyboards
- Define user task and interaction flows
- Create screen-level interaction designs and detailed user interface specifications
- 5+ years designing effective interfaces for mobile applications
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience. Masters degree in HCI or design-related field is a plus.
- Experience performing a variety of forms of user research (contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process and interaction design best practices and methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to other members of the design, development and client teams
- Comfort sketching concepts and designs on paper or on a whiteboard
- Working experience creating user interface specifications with appropriate design tools including Illustrator, InDesign, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple small-to-mid sized projects in parallel
- Focused attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to individual project and client needs
- Sense of humor and positive, flexible attitude
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
How to Apply:
Interested? Come build something with us. Please submit your resume with a portfolio web site to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must have an online portfolio for best consideration.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply