Sr. Graphics Designer
New Seasons Market is a locally owned company committed to selling high quality organic and natural food, with a focus on local products across their 13 (and growing) locations. Named one of Oregon’s 100 Best Companies to Work and 100 Best Green Companies; New Seasons Market has remained dedicated to creating the ultimate neighborhood grocery store, investing in the people of the community and supporting sustainable agriculture.
Our internal partners are our clients. Our customers. We are a service industry. We need to provide a level of service that is consistent with NSM’s values. We should be friendly and accommodating. We should be reliable and available. We should exude expertise without being aloof or condescending. We are also design professionals and should present ourselves, respectfully, in that manner. We shouldn’t unequivocally say “yes” to everything. We should counsel our clients and guide them to the solution that we feel will yield the desired result. The true desired result is not “I want a blue banner that hangs here”, but “I want to communicate this information to our customers”. Work with them to understand what they really need and provide creative and insightful solutions to their business problems.
We are looking for a dynamic Sr. Graphic Designer to join our team. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for providing on-target, strategic solutions and producing creative executions that solve our business, sales and communication needs. They will concept implement design solutions that meet business strategies as well as maintain brand continuity or evolve it thoughtfully through the utilization of a wide range of graphic applications including: collateral materials, environmental graphics, publications, brand identity, packaging, advertising and digital. They will manage internal client expectations, lead assigned initiatives, coordinating and managing other designers, freelancers, or vendors as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Adept with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with other design, web and multimedia software and applications
• Proficient in MS Office
• Strategic and conceptual thinker who understands how to solve for and translate ideas across all media
• Solid background in print, packaging, branding, retail graphics and digital design
• Strong communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills
• Solid knowledge of different printing techniques and production methods
• Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
• Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Must take pride in their work and be passionate about design
Education and Experience:
• BA degree or greater in graphic design related discipline or commensurate career experience
• Minimum of 5 years working experience as graphic designer. Retail focus preferred.
• A portfolio demonstrating expert understanding of design fundamentals as well as strategic and creative problem-solving across all aspects of branding
• A resume
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.