The Designer is responsible for the design and development of décor plans through all phases of a project from concept to completion. Working closely with the Creative Director, Design Director, and Technical Design Director, s/he will play an integral role in the development of concept driven décor plans that meet project and budget goals.
We are seeking an individual who is a creative thinker, eager problem solver, and a good multi-tasker. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in a creative field and/or agency environment and will be able to manage multiple projects at different phases simultaneously.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Participate in project brainstorms and generate a range of décor concepts to present to the Design Director and Creative Director
• Work with the Design Director and Creative Director to explore, refine, and select a creative direction for each project
• Flesh out décor concepts and generate full décor plan for each project
• Anticipate challenges and come up with feasible solutions that meet project and budget goals
• Work with Project Managers to create a decor budget that meets assigned project budget goals
• Research materials and methods of construction for project décor elements
• Research and source vendors that meet quality standards
• Work with multiple vendors to obtain competitive quotes
• Generate floorplans using AutoCAD
• Illustrate design concepts for internal ideation and reference, as well as for client presentations. This will include hand sketches, line drawings, elevations, and full-blown illustrator drawings
• Design, oversee, and sometimes produce studio samples for internal reference and for client review
• Work with the Technical Design Director to design décor elements that can be produced efficiently and that can be installed and de-installed safely.
• Prepare clear technical drawings and design briefs for the DSI Studio and outside vendors
• Generate all final graphic files for production
• Quality control all décor elements
• Work with Project Manager to develop a successful on-site execution plan
• Participate in production meetings with venue and vendors, when required
• Oversee the installation of the décor plan on-site and make necessary creative decisions in order to maintain high-quality standards
Experience and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years professional design experience
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD Lt, Vectorworks a plus
• Excellent computer skills - fluent in excel, word, and outlook
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• A commitment to get the job done is a must
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
Please submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and salary requirements with DESIGNER in the subject line
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.