Senior Footwear Designer - Reebok Classics
Fitness is the cornerstone of our brand. In the early 80’s, Reebok was at the forefront of a revolution; we transcended the lines between fitness and fashion. Today, this core spirit of Reebok is celebrated as we tell our story of American Fitness and Sport heritage, and build deeper connections to global youth culture. We create a global range of unparalleled footwear, apparel and accessories built for life. We celebrate authenticity, individuality, and passion through our collaborations with global influencers and taste-makers in the fashion, art and music space. We move and inspire people. Our employees embrace this mission and are encouraged to strive for greatness.
“The sky is not the limit, it’s just the view.” -Swizz Beatz.
We are Reebok Classics. Want in?
The Senior Footwear Designer works with the footwear team to ensure that each product meets the category’s product brief and the seasonal design direction set by the Footwear VP Design and Senior Management team. This position will focus on Women’s Classic Footwear product is responsible for researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling footwear product to meet the Classics brand aesthetic.
• Create compelling footwear designs that balance Reebok’s unique heritage with forward-thinking fashion and sport trends.
• Help identify, distill and communicate key fashion, product and sport trends into usable and compelling stories.
• Possess a strong understanding of the needs of our global women’s consumers by connecting with them at all levels of ability as well as our consumer insights team as applicable.
• Design footwear products in accordance with product briefs and aligned with the Reebok Product Creation calendar so that work is completed in a timely manner.
• Work closely with development and product marketing teams to ensure that new designs are forward-thinking, on-brand, meet the needs of the product brief and are manufacturable.
• Ensure that each product from entry level to high-end has meaningful stories, features and benefits.
• Understand how colors, graphics, materials and treatments can impact product and develop creative ways to apply these to Reebok’s footwear in an innovative manner.
• Travel with the team (development, product marketing) whenever possible to gather information about the consumers or to work on products at the development centers, footwear factories or component/material suppliers.
• Strong participation within the creative group with ideas, concepts, stories and new initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• High awareness of fashion and product design trends
• Strong verbal and visual communication and storytelling skills
• Advanced level Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop and 3D software a plus
• Understanding of materials and their application to footwear designs; understanding of material development processes and footwear construction
• Well established knowledge of the footwear manufacturing process
• Strong team player as well as the ability to work independently
• Ability to manage more junior members’ workload and timelines as needed and communicate regularly with Design Manager and Director
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• 8+ years of footwear design experience
• Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
• Previous experience working on a women's lifestyle brand is preferred
At the Reebok Global Headquarters in Massachusetts, we’re not defined by a sport or a season, but by a way of life. From early morning runs to lunchtime workouts to biking and hiking through the local Blue Hills Reservation, fitness is what wakes us up in the morning, what we think about all day and what drives us toward tomorrow. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is equipped with a three-story Fitness & Wellness Center, outdoor sports fields, CrossFit box, a gourmet cafeteria, on-site child care facility and discounted employee store. Located right outside of Boston, we are a short drive to New England’s beaches and mountains, making it a premier place to work and play.
So is Reebok a fit for you? Apply for this role to find out.
In order to get a better understanding of your design skills and creativity, it would be very helpful for us if you could please upload your portfolio sample including working samples, sketches and if available Mood and/or Color boards. We can only process your application after receiving your portfolio samples. Please note that you can only upload a maximum of 5 documents of 3 MB each. Thank you!
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.