3d experience designer at pinnacle exhibits
Industrial Designer at Pinnacle Exhibits
Pinnacle Exhibits creates custom spaces to change minds, motivate behavior and leave a lasting impression. We are a diverse and merry band of branders, builders, designers, makers, communicators, advertisers and engineers united by a hunger to wow people in 3D. Working with timelines measured in days rather than months our talented teams conceive projects from scratch, moving from ideation, to 3D design, to fabrication and to deployment in the field. We are achievement junkies and live for the moment when an idea is transformed into physical space, moving people to action.
We are based in Oregon with facilities in Irvine and Morgan Hill, California. Our SE Portland design studio, where this position is based, is located in the Olympic Mills Commerce Center (OMCC). The OMCC is a beehive of creative energy located in the land of bikes, breweries, mustaches and locally roasted coffee. Food carts? Check. World class dining? Check. Legendary Burnside Skate Park? Check. What more could a creative mind want?
We value independence, reward initiative and trust everyone to do what’s right for our clients. If we sound like your kind of people, get in touch. We are recruiting for a short term Industrial Designer to cover for a maternity leave roughly November through March.
Here’s a bit about what you will be doing and how we’d like you to do it:
• capable of expressing designs in a variety ways, through all phases of development. That is, can do an effective “tell back” to a client with words, can assemble Mood Boards to convey material/vibe, can sketch in pencil or other rough execution to show loose direction, can render concepts in near photo-realistic fashion
• can generate exciting ideas which deftly leverage client input and add a creative, new viewpoint
• can manage client expectations for scope and timing of projects
• has an open, friendly, sharing vibe and demonstrates a desire to work with others in our extended design team
• mature enough, confident enough, talented enough and reliable enough to work with internal/external clients autonomously after training period
• 5 years of experience designing for exhibits, set/scenery, environments, or retail
• has a working knowledge of construction and material usage
• proficient in 3ds Max and AutoCAD
• bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Environmental Design, Fine Arts or Architecture
please provide a resume and relevant portfolio samples
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.