ASSISTANT VISUAL DESIGNER, CONSUMER RESEARCH
Vital Findings is an innovative consumer research firm dedicated to making research as creative as it is analytical. We are a team of creative, entrepreneurial researchers focused on bringing the tools of information design, management consulting, and innovation consulting to our research. Our mission is to unleash the power of consumer research through world-class analysis and compelling design, and our Visual Design Team is a key pillar of this mission. Some of our most recent work can be found here: http://vitalfindings.com/we-do/visual-storytelling.
Vital Findings is a pioneer in bringing cutting edge data and information design to the market research industry. Our clients – companies such as Warner Bros., Hulu, Intel, Sony, Logitech, and NBC Universal -- regularly comment that our reports and presentation are the best they’ve ever seen. Our researchers are trained in how to visualize data, and our Visual Design Team is continuously developing new ways to communicate our research, including infographics, visual frameworks, process maps, personas, visual models, motion graphics, and video presentations. The Visual Design Team is also responsible for developing creative for Vital Findings’ internal marketing department, including visual identity, branding collateral, conference presentations, and digital brochures.
Vital Findings seeks a recent design school graduate with a multi-disciplinary background to join our Visual Design Team as an Assistant Visual Designer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate their talent in designing complex information graphics as well as a passion for creatively displaying data visually. Creativity and ambition are a must – the research designer will constantly be asking: 1) how can our research results and insights be illustrated in the most meaningful and compelling way, and 2) how can we incorporate new information design techniques earlier in the analysis phase of projects. As with all Vital Findings projects, our work is intensely collaborative and the designer will be an integral part of our research and design teams, contributing to brainstorm sessions on our research projects, helping to organize training and staff development, and helping to pioneer new ways of communicating complex information. For more about life at Vital Findings, visit: http://vitalfindings.com/careers/life-at-vf.
• Bachelors degree in Information Design, Industrial Design, Journalism, Graphic Design or related field (please include GPA and relevant coursework on resume)
• Internships or work experience in infographics/information design
• Strong infographic/information design portfolio showing a variety of print and digital designs (must be submitted with application)
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong proficiency with PowerPoint is a must
• Working knowledge of photography and video editing
• Knowledge of R, tableau or other statistical/graphical programming language library a plus
• Experience with 3D modeling software a plus
• Experience with motion graphics a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• A passion for understanding and interpreting consumer behavior is a requirement; experience and understanding of Market Research methods and processes are considered a plus
• Design and format visual storytelling research reports
• Create infographics, visual frameworks, process maps, personas, etc. to succinctly communicate complex information
• Support multiple teams with presentation decks, project deliverables and marketing materials
• Assist in the creative development of collaterals and communication materials such as white papers and written case studies
• Videography/Photography/Art Direction/Video editing for qualitative studies
SALARY: Competitive salary + performance bonus/profit sharing + benefits (health, dental, 401(k), vision, disability, tuition credit, vacation)
To apply, email resume, cover letter, and portfolio (link, please) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be notified within 30 days – because of the volume of replies, we are not able to reply to every email.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.