Senior Interactive Designer, Cosmopolitan.com
We are looking for a fun, fearless designer with strong illustration, visual storytelling and interaction/ux design skills to produce breakthrough, viral and humorous work on Cosmopolitan.com.
Work closely with a cross-discipline team of writers, product managers and engineers to update Cosmo’s online brand and craft modern content experiences that will entertain, inspire and build relationships with a large online audience.
• You love irreverent, unapologetic female-focused content: sex, celebrity, fashion and beauty
• You are obsessed with the internet and possess a keen understanding of the kinds of visuals people share across social networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter
• You are an illustrator/cartoonist
• You have the ability to turn projects around apace with the rapid internet news cycle
• You design visual experiences that are as sophisticated as they are entertaining
• You engage with the web design community and stay updated on fresh ideas and innovations in our rapidly changing industry
• You are excited to evolve the role of digital art director using new tools, processes and philosophies including responsive/future-friendly design principles
• Strong and brand-relevant visual design, typography and illustration skills presented in an online portfolio
• Expert knowledge of related software (from Adobe CS to Keynote to new tools on the market)
• Some front-end coding skills / working knowledge of CSS, HTML.
• Successfully worked on & launched responsive design projects
• Strong knowledge of user-centered design practices
• 5+ years experience working as a digital designer with relevant college degree
Hearst Digital is changing!
We are creating a space where talented people come together to create new, innovative products that are relevant to the lives of millions of people around the world.
We’re looking for people who reject the ordinary, the tried, the safe. We’re looking innovators driven by a need to learn, to think, to change, to hack, to invent.
We’re a fun and diverse group of people: startup founders, passionate product advocates, inventive coders, engaging writers. We love learning from, and sparring with, each other.
We’re united by a common purpose: we want to connect people. To each other. To ideas. To things that help them lead more fulfilling lives.
Come build amazing things here!
What does Hearst offer?
• Work with, and learn from, best-in-class teams
• Fast paced and challenging projects
• Tremendous autonomy
• Diverse and forward-thinking leadership
• Competitive salary & benefits
• Onsite App Lab
• State-of-the-art Green building
• On-site Movie theater
• In-house digital studio
• Two art galleries
• Corporate gym that puts Ritz Carlton’s to shame (9,000 sq. ft.!)
• Company café that will satisfy the most discerning NYC foodies (350 seats)
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.