EK Success Brands, a division of Wilton Brands Inc. a creative consumer products company, has an immediate opportunity for a Product Designer for Jolee’s Boutique brand.
This position is based in our Kansas City, MO office. For more information on EK Success Brands products and Jolee’s Boutique visit our websites at www.eksuccess.com and www.jolees-boutique.com.
The designer will work under the general supervision of the Creative Director or Art Director. The designer researches current trends, contributes original product designs and illustrations, completes artwork for product production, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Design and illustrate complete product lines from concept development to final product production through the direction of a Creative Director or Art Director
• Provide material specifications for product development and pricing
• Provide presentation materials, product and packaging mockups, concept boards and other materials for new product concept reviews, sales pitches, product launches and trade shows
• Meet artwork and presentation deadlines
• Interact and communicate with licensed artists, suppliers and freelancers
• Possess creative problem solving ability in order to effectively deal with challenges that arise while developing a product line
• Demonstrate ability to work with other departments within the company to ensure a quality product that can be designed and sold at a competitive price
• Maintain quality of product by reviewing artwork for content, accuracy and neatness as dictated by the department’s Product Specifications Manual
• Develop an in-depth understanding of our key customer’s needs
• Review competitive products and actively contribute to brainstorm sessions to concept new product lines, product formats and materials
• A minimum of BS/BFA/Associate degree in the art field or equivalent experience of 2-3 years in the creative-technical field is required.
• Proficiency with CS5, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent illustration and computer graphic skills
• Demonstrate ability to execute and communicate creative vision
Wilton is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO-M/F/D/V
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, to express their creativity through crafts, to encourage them to share with their families and friends, and to capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through three divisions, Wilton Enterprises, EK Success Brands, Simpliciy and Creative Group which are leaders in their categories. More information can be found at www.wilton.com, www.eksuccess.com and www.simplicity.com.
How To Apply