Design Strategist/UX Specialist at AT&T Foundry Atlanta
The AT&T Foundry is looking to add fresh talent in UX design/design strategy to our newly-opened innovation center in down-town Atlanta. The Foundry is a rapidly growing group within AT&T developing new ways of working that leverage the scale and resources of AT&T with the culture and approach of a start-up.
This is an opportunity to join the Foundry Design specialist team: a 4-person group within the Foundry who bring the tools of user-centered design to this diverse and high-profile innovation group. Our mission is to change the way that AT&T innovates by putting the user at the heart of the creative process.
The Foundry team creates new products and services across AT&T’s portfolio, from next-gen U-verse and mobile device experiences (phones/tablets) to cloud and enterprise network services, innovating on every aspect: from customer care and developer tools to creating service offerings for new market segments, regularly presenting new concepts to the very highest levels of AT&T’s executive leadership.
We are looking for a team-oriented UX/Interaction designer and strategist who is an expert at discovering insights from real users and turning them into concrete product concepts or design strategies. Experience in planning and conducting qualitative user research is essential, as is the know-how on how to turn this information into new concepts and actionable strategies. They should use core design skills (eg. UI/UX design, communications design, interaction design) and creative techniques (eg. brainstorming, workshops) to iteratively develop new product and service concepts. While we are looking for candidates who bring a distinctive and deep skill-set, each person in the team is required to be ‘T-shaped’ – deep in one area, but engaged and interested in skills outside their domain.
In this role you will both provide project and process leadership, deliver design insights and concepts and contribute to a wide range of technology-led projects across multiple projects and locations.
Candidates must be able to show:
• 2 years of professional experience as a designer in a project-based environment.
• Bachelors degree in a design-related field (Interaction Design, Human Computer Interfaces, Industrial Design, UI/UX Design, Product Design etc.)
• Demonstrated success in taking user needs and translating them into actionable product strategies: creating product and service concepts that enable development teams to act on your findings.
• Core UI/UX design skills, with an ability to map out complex information architectures (at a variety of resolutions) and link these to user needs.
• Evidence of business impact in guiding the delivery of design intent as fully resolved products and services in user’s hands.
• A passion for representing the user point of in a technology-led environment and intense curiosity about why people do what they do.
• A deep understanding of user-centered design and an ability to integrate design into the creation of new product and service offerings across digital, service and system domains.
• The ability to plan, deliver and communicate a design process, including leading design research activities, brainstorming workshops and creative sessions.
• A toolkit of prototyping techniques from low-to-high resolution, encompassing digital and analog.
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills, fluent and articulate at presenting processes and conclusions to executive leadership, as well as the ability to persuasively represent design methodologies.
• People-orientation and a natural team-worker, comfortable working in a fluid, start-up-like environment where proactivity and self-direction are essential.
• Masters in a design-related field (Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interfaces, Industrial Design, UI/UX Design, Product Design etc.)
• Experience leading a team in developing design capabilities to influence organizational change.
• Knowledge of telecoms business and ecosystem.
• Familiarity with software development tools and processes, including API strategies, open source tools, cloud computing, latest mobile development SDK’s.
How To Apply