Seeking a high-potential candidate that is interested in joining a high growth and established company headquartered in Rancho Dominguez. Recently, two private equity firms invested in CAbi to support brand growth and investment in marketing. We are looking for a candidate that can contribute to the business but also grow with the business.
This talented (Art Director) will be working across any media: print, video, interactive, environmental and beyond. Reporting to the Creative Director, this Art Director must have 6+ years of integrated design experience with a fashion brand and/or with a fashion magazine, in the previously listed media.
• Agency and/or editorial background
• Fashion brands and/or fashion magazines background is required
• Passion for typography, and proven typesetting skills.
• Passion for photography (understanding of contemporary fashion photography and iconic fashion references)
• Clear understanding of marketing briefs and business goals before engaging in any designing.
• Sees the crux of a strategy and turns it into a surprising creative concept
• Brings an idea to life in a presentation that creates enthusiasm
• Works across any media: print, video, interactive, environmental and beyond
• Strong design skills with a passion for current and upcoming trends
• Hits tight deadlines with a can do attitude
• Exceptional eye for details
• Ability to give directions and work collaboratively.
• Enjoys working with and mentoring junior creative teams
• Works closely with creative director, marketing, copywriting and production department heads to proactively move projects forward.
• Interprets feedback to find the best execution
• Effectively handles multiple assignments simultaneously
• Mark up, paste, and complete layouts, and write instructions to prepare materials for typesetting or printing.
• Oversees art department server and its filing system.
• Ensures highest quality product from start to finish
• A plus: being well connected within the creative industry. Especially west coast talents
• 6+ years of related experience with a fashion brand (fashion brand and/or fashion editorial experience is REQUIRED)
• Award winning portfolio of work that proves the above
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Pluses but not requirements: Flash, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, HTML5)
Great employee benefits package includes health and dental insurance, paid time off program, holiday pay, matching 401(k) plan and a generous discount on our designs. Compensation $100k plus bonus potential.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.