BMW Group DesignworksUSA is a global design consultancy, specializing in design strategy and research, design development and creative consulting. Driving creativity for nearly forty years, DesignworksUSA has been part of the BMW Group since 1995, serving equally its parent company and many of the world´s leading brands outside the automotive industry to mutual benefit. In our new Shanghai Studio, located in the Huangpu District, we will bring invaluable insights from the Chinese market to further inform our global perspective for our clients.
We are seeking a team member for our Shanghai studio specialized in Product/Interior Design.
• Concept and design development through all phases of the design process for a broad bandwidth of industries and clients – both consumer product design as well as automotive interiors
• Close collaboration with internal cross-discipline teams and external clients, suppliers and creative partners across global locations to develop concepts, experiences and products
• Use your unique point of view and visual and verbal skills to present design concepts
• Knowledge of production processes and materials, strong awareness of aesthetic excellence and design quality
• Strong project management, communication and visual presentation skills are required
• Team-oriented and inspiring with a positive, hands-on attitude
• Ability to effectively communicate and present design concepts and deliver powerful presentations
• Ability to inspire others and take direction from Creative Directors
• Demonstrated exceptional creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
• Fluent in English, Mandarin highly desired
• Proficient skills in 2D and 3D (Adobe CS5, Alias Studio Tools, etc.)
• Bachelor´s Degree in Industrial/Product Design or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years related product design and interior design experience
• LOCAL CANDIDATE'S ONLY
Qualified and interested applicants should submit your resume and a link to your portfolio. Images should demonstrate:
• Your technical proficiency
• A strong personal point of view and design thinking
• A deep understanding and appreciation of aesthetics, articulated clearly and concisely
• The ability to tell a compelling visual story
• The ability to prototype in 3 dimensions
If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, please formulate your motivation and fit to Designworks. Please provide your CV and include project examples to corroborate your point of view. Visit http://designworksusa.force.com/careers to apply online.
How To Apply