Communications Design Manager
This position is similar to an Associate Creative Director.
Job Summary: Lead, assist, and mentor Design Team in creating websites, web content, advertisements, company publications, and internal company collateral.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead the development of online and printed collateral. Ensure pieces reflect current digital trends, are innovative, professionally designed, and consistent with Stampin’ Up!’s look and feel.
2. Enhance the online user experience/interface by integrating best practices and leading the team to create outstanding web designs.
3. Ensure quality of printed materials. Attend or manage attendance of press checks ensuring color consistency and quality.
4. Work closely with photographers to define shot lists and photographic styles.
5. Communicate effectively and regularly with Creative Director.
6. Collaborate with other departments to provide a design perspective, develop strategies and create designs that meet company objectives.
7. Mentor/manage design team, assign projects, create and maintain timelines.
8. Provide clear, strong, strategic creative direction to designers.
9. Present and defend creative work with authority and enthusiasm.
10. Manage team budget as required.
11. Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
1. BA/BFA in graphic design, interactive design, marketing, multimedia, advertising or related discipline.
2. 5+ years experience in professional web/print design (agency or corporate setting) .
3. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Flash). Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications.
4. Expertise in both web and print, with an ability to build and elevate a brand.
5. Strong background and knowledge of web best practices and standards (UX/UI, site functionality, information architecture, etc.).
6. Proficient in creating results driven designs for online mediums. Specifically e-commerce, mobile, e-mail, landing pages, etc.
7. Expertise in the printing process and preparing artwork for production.
8. Proficiency in layout, typography, color theory, and design principles.
9. Clear understanding of branding and direct marketing principles.
10. Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work within specific time frames.
11. Strong communication skills with the ability to work with outside vendors and interact with employees and managers in various departments.
12. Ability to mentor and inspire team members to innovate and learn new skills.
13. Strong portfolio.
Other Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of technical languages such as PHP and Java Script helpful, but not required.
2. Understanding of analytics and multivariable testing, a plus.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.