Eagle Creek: Sr. Product Designer
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Designer is to manage and lead Eagle Creek’s product design function, resulting in innovative new products that increase revenue while enhancing Eagle Creek’s brand leadership within all targeted sales channels. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7 years.
Bachelor Degree in Design or Art-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate training in Industrial Design or other related fields desirable. 5-7 years supervisory and design process management experience. At least 5 years experience working in a creative environment, developing original product for reputable brands. 7+ years experience in product design, preferably in luggage and accessories. Understanding of sewing, molding and forming plastics and metals, 3 D printing, and tooling processes. Pattern knowledge required, experience using a CAD patterning system a plus. Strong portfolio of innovative and commercialized consumer goods products. Advanced skills in Illustrator. Basic CAD or Solid Works desirable.
• Able to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
• Ability to use good judgment and reasoning while designing/creating designs in the brand aesthetic.
• Ability to make sound decisions.
• Superior leadership and supervisory skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good follow through skills.
• Computer literate in a Windows Environment; i.e., Excel, Word, PPT.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to switch gears frequently.
• Knowledge of manufacturing procedures.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
• Business to business relationship building skills.
• Strong consumer and customer research and analytical skills.
• Creative leadership including invention capability.
• Presentation and persuasion skills.
• Strategic and political thinking skills.
Travel - 10-20%
1. Manages internal design staff. Responsible for hiring, coaching, and performance evaluation; utilizing VF Corp Performance Management system.
2. Manages creation, presentation and iteration of new product design platforms, collections styles, branding, trims, color, materials, features, function and construction to meet or exceed established requirements
3. Responsible for seasonal and annual capacity planning and problem solving, including hire and admin of external/contract design resources.
4. Manages and facilitates product/prototype revision decisions and visual communication to achieve cost, performance, and aesthetic requirements.
5. Influences, and collaborates to produce seasonal product category briefs, including creative product styles and features
6. Manages and prioritizes execution of all technical design communication to development resources according to development lead times and GTM calendars.
7. Manages staff contributions to new manufacturing processes, relationships and advanced materials development.
8. Responsible for visual and verbal creation of (new) product stories. Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to develop complete expression for innovation and competitive product narratives.
9. Manages supplemental design communications for sales, marketing and operations.
10. Manages research and application of market, product, and consumer trends to product design concepts. Establishes design ethos, guidelines, and controls.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.