Senior User Interface Designer
Senior User Interface Designer
What you’ll do
UX is the heart of Belkin’s people-inspired products. We have our hands in every part of product development, mindful of how someone would choose the product from a store shelf, open the package and be delighted each time they use it. Belkin is increasingly developing app-enhanced and app-controlled devices, and UX shapes the user interactions. You will work on hardware, software, and in-app experiences, a champion for real people from research phase through product launch. The connections between hardware, software and users are critical to delighting consumers, building the brand and succeeding in the market. You will collaborate with product management, marketing, branding, industrial design and engineering to design complete and compelling product experiences.
How you’ll do it
• Design and produce visual interface designs to help establish Belkin as a leader in mobile software and appcessories (app-controlled hardware).
• Participate in all phases of product development from concept through development, prototyping and launch.
• Plan and initiate usability testing and other research activities that inform your work.
• Specify visual, animation, transition, and audible aspects of beautiful, coherent, and highly functional interfaces.
• Collaborate with the Industrial Design, Copywriting, Marketing, and Branding teams to develop interface designs that marry product positioning and brand.
• Actively support ongoing development of guidelines for Belkin apps including brand standards.
• Ensure quality fit and finish of interface designs, and preserve that high level of quality in the launched product.
• Actively manage your own projects like an internal consultant: on-time, on-budget, no surprises.
• Supervise outside vendors if needed for your projects.
What you’ll need
• Strong design chops informed by trends in mobile devices and apps.
• Effective methods of usability testing and other research activities.
• Love for collaboration and group problem-solving.
• A desire to learn, teach and share.
• Thick skin. Weekly design reviews make our work better.
• Ability to multi-task and organize/prioritize work on many simultaneous projects.
• A geek’s interest in mobile devices, operating systems, apps and how they come together to improve our lives.
What you’ve done
• Four year college degree in visual design or related field, or comparable years of work experience.
• Five to seven years of related work experience in software UI design and development.
• Experience designing interfaces and producing visual assets for iOS and Android.
• Experience with highly iterative and interactive development cycles, and collaboration with software UI prototypes/developers.
• Inspired portfolio demonstrating design and production of effective, pleasing, and usable interfaces.
What you’re getting into
Belkin’s people-inspired products bridge the gap between what technology makes possible and what consumers want and expect their mobile devices to deliver. We are developing the premier ecosystem for smartphones, tablets and ultrabooks to connect people with the things that are important to them.
Our work culture requires active participation, collaboration and a willingness to push boundaries and take measured risks. We work together in a shared belief that our products should delight consumers. We believe our users are smart and errors or problems in their experience are never their fault. We are focused on quality, and we build into each product empathy, optimism and fun.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at belk.in/1bGTF4e
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio. Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior UI Designer in the subject field.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.