Senior Industrial Designer
What you’ll do
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will lead the design of one of Belkin’s product lines. If you have the desire to invest yourself in a team environment that is all about building a great, desirable brand, we want to talk to you! Our Linksys networking division needs a strong designer who can handle multiple ongoing programs and carry them through from inception through production. As a key, integral member of our team, you will be working side-by-side with other industrial designers, engineers and product managers to develop desirable products from concept to reality. This will challenge you to bring your experience with form, materials and manufacturing to the table. You will be asked to own your products’ design and development process, from initial research to packaging, ensuring that Belkin’s products continue to be recognized for quality, performance, and innovation around the globe. This role calls for an organized and flexible designer with the desire to be a part of a design driven organization that is continuing to evolve.
How you’ll do it
• Lead design projects to collaborate and develop convincing products with solid stories and great user experience.
• Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
• Active interest and proactive approach to gain a solid fundamental understanding of the company’s objectives.
• Ability to carefully maintain and evolve the Linksys brand design language in collaboration with the cross-functional team and design leadership, and to align with Belkin’s overall branded goals.
What you’ll need
• BS/BA degree in Industrial Design.
• 6+ years related work experience in industrial design and product development.
• Solid, proven understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes involved in consumer electronics development. Extensive insight and knowledge of production methods and materials.
• Proven ability to develop products through conceptual sketching, prototypes, model studies, 2D and 3D computer software.
• Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and related tools/programs and 3D software (Solidworks preferred) is required.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience in both consulting & corporate design environments is a plus.
• Ability to work closely and directly with mechanical engineering teams.
What you’ve done
• Attend meetings and maintain close connection with the business team and Program Management, and stay on top of quickly evolving business objectives with a flexible mindset
• Ensure that product development objectives and schedules are met.
• Drive communication of the product’s design intent to engineering staff and manufacturers.
• Provide mentorship to less experienced design staff, and proactive communication with the senior team.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careersPlease forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Industrial Designer in the subject field.
Please include a link to your portfolio.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.