Senior User Experience Consultant (Full-time)
The Senior User Experience Consultant defines the user experience for our clients' digital products, solving client design problems using a variety of tools and techniques.
• Defines user interfaces and interaction flows for interactive digital products and services, for Web, mobile, tablet, and other applications.
• Responds to requirements and design objectives through the creation of artifacts that could include strategic vision briefs, site maps, conceptual sketches, wireframes, content inventories, and other artifacts.
• Presents design solutions to internal teams and clients.
• Acts as a 'project owner', coordinating the work of an interdisciplinary team, fostering a positive relationship with clients, and maintaining awareness of project scope and budget.
• Mentors and contributes to the professional growth of Catalyst team members, particularly User Experience Consultants.
• Plans and conducts a range of primary and secondary research activities, using a variety of research techniques and tools.
• Analyzes and synthesizes research data in order to develop a compelling and strategic vision for clients.
• Conducts application reviews, competitor reviews, content inventories, and contextual interviews.
• Acts as a thought leader by participating in the company's blogging, tweeting, conference presentations, and the like.
• Performs some or all of the functions of a researcher or senior researcher.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Five or more years' experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, user interface designer, information architect, usability researcher or the equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree preferred. Degree in user experience, interaction design or a related field preferred.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment, working with business and development teams to define and implement design solutions. Prior experience working with clients in a consulting capacity is an asset.
• Familiarity with current and emerging techniques in interaction design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy.
• Expert ability designing experiences across a variety of platforms and screen sizes. Responsive design experience is an asset.
• Understanding of the technical capabilities and limitations of Web and application interface development languages.
• Ability to generate strategic insights and develop concepts that yield compelling experiences.
• Understanding of the physical, cognitive, cultural and social factors that affect interactive design decisions.
• Ability to plan and conduct a range of primary and secondary research activities using a variety of techniques.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with standard UX diagramming and prototyping tools, as well as Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrated thought leadership in the user experience community.
• A portfolio that reflects the range of your skills.
About Catalyst Group:
We offer a fun, entrepreneurial and business-casual work environment, with a team atmosphere and competitive salaries. Your benefits include health, vision, dental and life insurance. We offer company matched 401k and an incredible work environment with a cadre of the industry's top talent.
For a better sense of our interests and company culture, check our our website: http://www.catalystnyc.com and our blog: http://catalystgroup.tumblr.com/.
Please include a cover letter and portfolio with your application, and be sure they describe the role you've played in the UX design of various projects.
Note this posting is for FULL TIME work!
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.