This is an opportunity for a User Experience Designer who is passionate about creating intuitive and engaging user experiences to join the Yahoo Finance team. As the User Experience Designer, you will collaborate with editors, engineers, designers, and product managers to shape the experience of our products used by millions of individuals around the world every day.
As the User Experience Designer you will be responsible for:
• Leading the definition of great UX throughout the product lifecycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables
• Ensuring high standards of usability, consistency and clarity in design
• Working with user experience researchers to design and observe usability studies and translate the findings into design improvements
• Developing and presenting your design ideas
• Producing layouts, user interface elements, design specifications and documentation
• Using data to inform your design and working with your research partners to understand and interpret user feedback
• Working cross-functionally to achieve project goals
• 3-5 years working in a fast-paced environment on high-profile consumer facing media sites for mass audience
• MS/BA/BS in HCI or related field
• Demonstrated excellence in typography, interaction design, visual design, information architecture, and solid understanding of UX design principles
• Expert knowledge of core design tools and familiarity with current Web technologies
• Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
• Ability to work cross-functionally
• Must be self-motivated. Independently manage time, prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent analytic ability and effective problem solving skills
• A talent for diplomatic discussion: the ability to listen, convince and collaborate in a cross-functional environment
• Experience in creating detailed page and module level specifications for handoff to web developers
• Online design portfolio demonstrating a strong, clean design sense
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/1fJJ37h
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.