Senior Visual Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA Posted: Oct 7
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're looking for a Senior Visual Designer to augment the Twilio Brand & Production team. You'll work with a small team of designers and front-end developers to produce and iterate on the Twilio website and brand.
- You, intrepid designer, aren't afraid of sharp, pointy technology. In fact, you embrace it. You get up in the morning looking forward to putting a flesh & bone story atop a powerful, complex product technology stack. You aren't afraid of Pythons, and you don't break a sweat designing around a CURL request even if you're not entirely sure what it does.
- You focus on clean, minimal design that simplifies the complex.
- Your challenge will be applying your illustration & layout talent to an API product with no glossy product photos to rely on. You'll be relied on to help further the iconography & visual language used across web, print, and video content that helps users understand technical concepts. The Twilio brand is still in its early days and the opportunity for you, artisanal designer, is to work on a small team redefining how humans understand a communications industry that's as old as railroad companies.
- Come change the way people think about human communication and empower developers to build the future of how people interact.
- Own the scoping, concepting, and shipping of your work, in concert with incremental feature rollouts and large-scale product launches.
- Drive the growth of the Twilio brand across our web collateral & aesthetic, with an eye toward maintaining visual parity across all work as it grows.
- Contribute to the quality & consistency of the Twilio message and twilio.com.
- Work closely with Product, Product Marketing, and engineering teams to put visuals to technical features.
- Leverage data & analytics to make decisions about presentation & flow of web content to best guide the audience through primary funnel content.
- 5+ years of visual design & illustration experience on consumer-facing websites.
- Degree in design or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Very strong skills in illustrating photo-real iconography.
- Comfort owning your projects, helping scope and drive the project to ship.
- Comfort handling a spread of small & large projects.
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills.
- Comfortable working with developers to understand the scope & intent of technical features, and translating that into visuals & layout.
- Print experience is a plus.
- Technical experience is a plus -- being familiar with code and internet basics will help you better articulate some of the more technical product marketing endeavors.
- Strong copywriting/storytelling a plus -- you'll act as a gatekeeper for the Twilio voice and spirit.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k & life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume or cover letter.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.