Senior UI/UX Designer
Opportunity: Greatist is looking for an experienced designer excited about creating standards-based, front-end code and passionate about creating beautiful user interfaces. Someone that:
- Is an awesome team player stoked to work closely with our development team, collaborate with our editorial team, and partner with the other members of our design team
- Can drive a ton of usability testing with our users and audience, analyzing the results and recommending changes
- Will own projects from mockups and prototypes to finished products
- Has an eye for detail and is obsessed with making things beautiful, freakin' loves pushing pixels
- Has 3-5 years of experience doing UI/UX design, crazy comfort with designing for both mobile and the web, and loves staying on the cutting edge of design trends
- Has real mastery of HTML/CSS, modern web conventions, browser technologies and implementation techniques
- Has expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite/similar programs, ability to quickly prototype new designs and features
- Is fun, positive, hilarious, and truly passionate about health and wellness + how Greatist is working to make a difference in the space.
Ultimately, we're looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to shape the design and strategy for a brand that's taking off like crazy. We've only just dipped our toes in the possibilities, so we're looking for someone who isn't afraid to take on the challenge and be the piece that pushes Greatist to the next level.
Details: Greatist is a health and wellness media startup on a mission to make better choices easier for everyone. Launched in 2011, it's now the fastest-growing site in the health space with more than 3 million uniques every month. It's becoming the first truly trusted healthy living brand and business. This is a paid, full-time position at Greatist HQ in Manhattan with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Greatist also provides gym memberships, daily lunch fixins’, and healthy snacks along with enormously flexible work hours, an open vacation policy, and awesome weekly health and fitness team activities (not to mention happy hours).
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.