ART WORLD ENTREPRENEURS (requires experience in marketing, sales, or biz dev)
IF YOU LOVE CHATTING PEOPLE UP AT ART GALLERIES AND ART SHOWS THEN THIS IS THE POSITION FOR YOU.
You don't even need to be a closer! Marketing, business development and relationship building skills are what matter most.
We have positions all around the globe in the major metropolitan areas (for generalists) and virtually anywhere for specialists with a significant rolodex. We're especially interested in candidates in the following cities: New York, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Paris.
Relocation service is not provided.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Full or Part Time):
The primary responsibility is working with art dealers / gallery owners to promote the marketing / advertising services we offer with our platform. This is a soft sell / consultative sale and you will act almost as a marketing consultant for Art Galleries and Art dealers, helping them to improve their business practices.
1) Relationship building, Marketing and Sales Prospecting (80%-85% of time)– This will be the vast majority of the responsibilities. It includes attending galleries / shows / fairs to make contacts and giving people awareness of the online venue, as well as making contact with all of the individual dealers in the region or in the specialty. This will be a combination of personal visits, phone calls and emails.
2) Helping To Close Sales (5-10%) - This means working with our internal teams and getting galleries and dealers to commit to the platform, as well as putting together custom packages and negotiating contracts with the dealers who list their items on the platform.
3) Organizing dealer listings (5% of time) – Once you have a new Gallery / Dealer signed up as a Curator's Eye partner, this part of the role includes collecting photos and inventory descriptions from the dealers/ galleries.
4) Training and Consulting (5% of time) – Working with your Galleries / Dealers, includes training them on how to use the platform and how to leverage our vast information for their own direct marketing purposes. It also includes ongoing care / maintenance of the individual vendors including answering questions about the services we provide.
* Uncapped sales commissions
* A flexible schedule
* Possible Equity Bonuses
* State-of-the-art sales training and marketing and sales support
Desired Skills & Experience:
1) MUST HAVE SALES / MARKETING / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE in some capacity or another-- You must be a “go getter” and genuinely enjoy meeting new people / enjoy the sales process. You likely have 3+ years of experience, which could be in the form of marketing, or sales experience (ideally in relationship / high end sales). If you do not have sales experience, you must be the kind of charismatic person who can quickly form relationships.
2) MUST LOVE WORKING ON YOUR OWN AND BE ENTREPRENEURIAL / SELF MOTIVATED in nature and can easily work on your own with little or no supervision– You will be driving the business. As this is an outside sales position, the vast majority of your efforts will be focused on networking with the dealers. This will include generating your own leads, and pursuing them in addition to pursuing the leads that we provide.
3) MUST HAVE THE DESIRE TO BE COMPENSATED BASED ON PERFORMANCE. There will also be significant equity participation will be provided for exceptional candidates who meet targets.
4) MUST LIKE TECHNOLOGY - Because our service is quite technical (its not just a pretty website), you should be tech savvy. This means you are comfortable with Excel and how to use online databases. Candidates with an a deep understanding of internet marketing and advertising have a very significant advantage when selling our services.If you hate technology, then don't bother applying for the position.
5) ART WORLD EXPERIENCE DESIRED - Candidates are likely to have experience in one of the following:
* Ad sales account manager with a focus on art / design / luxury brands. * Art adviser / gallery director / art dealer who loves technology. * Marketing executive with experience in the online space. * Proven entrepreneur with a strong interest in art. * Sales superstar with an art history degree.
* Experience at a major auction house (Christie's, Sotheby's, Bonhams, Pillips de Pury, etc)
* Experience in a commercial art gallery (eg. Gagosian, Pace, White Cube, etc)
* Experience as an fine art / antiques dealer (eg, AADLA , BADA, PADA, FADA, NAADAA, CINOA)
* Experience as an art adviser
* Experience at an art magazine (Art + Auction, ArtInfo, Antiques and The Arts, Magazine Antiques, etc)
* Experience at Shows / Fairs (Frieze, TEFAF / Maastricht, Art Basel, Masterpiece London, etc)
* Experience at an online Art venue (eg. Artnet, AskArt, VIP Art, Art.sy, Paddle8, etc)
* Experience at an online Decorative Arts venue (eg, 1stdibs, VandM, etc)
* Degree in Art History (eg Masters program at Courtauld Institute or other)
6) ENGLISH FLUENCY - Business English is required.
We are a rapidly growing venture offering unprecedented levels of marketing intelligence to art dealers worldwide. We are changing the rules of the game by fitting advanced marketing concepts to the business of art. And we are succeeding where others have failed in the past.
The Curator’s Eye is an organization delivering marketing intelligence to some of the world's most respected fine art, modern art, and antiques dealers selling the finest artworks for sale. Our sophisticated analytics allow dealers to selectively target clients by demographics and interest and do so at a cost that is orders of magnitude less expensive than competing venues.
PRESS / NEWS:
WHAT SOME OF OUR MEMBER DEALERS ARE SAYING:
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO Jobs@CuratorsEye.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.