Design Research and User Interface Designer
HS Design, Inc. is an award winning product development firm located in Central NJ with over 40 years experience specializing in the design and development of Medical, Consumer Medical and Life Science products. We provide a wide range of services including Human Factors Usability Research, Industrial Design, Delivery Systems, User Interface Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering for fortune 500 companies through high tech start-ups.
There is an excellent career opportunity now open for an extremely motivated Usability Specialist with a strong understanding of upfront design research in the medical space. Must have a strong visual and verbal based communications and experience with HE75, ISO 62366 is recommended. User Research combined with User Interface design experience is a huge plus. In this position you will work collaboratively with Industrial Designers, Interaction Designers and Engineers to define the intuitive experience between users, use environments and products. This role would involve conducting user research, including formative and summative usability tests, user interviews, contextual inquiries, etc. to a wide range of clients.
HS Design offers an excellent compensation package that includes healthcare and 401k benefits in a fun, relaxed family environment.
What we are looking for:
• Knowledge and experience in a wide range of existing and progressive research and UX design tools and techniques
• Experience in usability testing and facilitating workshops
• Storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping and user testing experience including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
• A passion for collaboration with team members and clients
• Good understanding of design research methodologies
• Desire to work on challenging, high profile programs focused on the interaction between people and technology
• High motivation, focused, passionate with strong ideation abilities and aesthetic sensibilities.
The ideal candidate should have a degree in Human Factors, Usability or Design. Other technical degrees with emphasis or specific experience in these areas are also welcome. Candidates should demonstrate a strong skill set, excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with multiple disciplines. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be able to work with people and be extremely outgoing.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and include a brief summary explaining why you feel this position is of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review this website for further information: http://hs-design.com/hsDNA/opportunities/
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.