Professor of Service Design
SCAD Savannah seeks candidates for a full-time professor position in service design. The service design program is the newest addition to a progressive platform of programs within the SCAD School of Design that includes interaction design, industrial design, design management and design for sustainability.
SCAD is the first university in the United States to offer B.F.A. and M.F.A. degree programs in service design. With demand for highly strategic service designers on the rise, these programs have been developed to prepare our talented students for professional, creative careers across many sectors in the U.S. economy and beyond.
We seek a highly motivated and senior level designer (or design strategist) with a solid track record of translating deep insights into innovative services, product-service systems, interactions and user experiences for well-known brands. The ideal candidate should be a visionary leader (or willing to become one) in this emerging and exciting field.
- a strong background in contextual research, co-creation, experience prototyping and interaction design
- a thorough understanding of service design methodology
- strong graphic and idea visualization skills
- creativity and flair
- strong project management skills
- terminal degree in interaction design, industrial design, service design, design management, or related discipline.
- demonstrated passion for inspiring and teaching; college-level teaching experience preferred.
How To Apply