Budget & Operations Facilities Manager
Budget & Operations Facilities Manager
Department of Art + Design
Columbia College Chicago
Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution of over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students emphasizing arts, media, and communications in a liberal arts setting.
The Department of Art + Design is seeking applications for a Budget & Operations Facilities Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Operations Manager assists in the oversight, budgeting, and operation of studio classrooms, common spaces and fabrication facilities in the Art and Design Department to develop a safe, supportive, and professional environment for students, faculty, and staff and serve curricular needs of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Exercise a high level of responsibility developing, reviewing, and enforcing policies and procedures in collaboration with the Director of Facilities, Office of the Chair, and the Operations Committee.
* Manage the department safety authorizations.
* Schedule, supervise, and evaluate performance of 4 Shop Technicians and approximately 15 student workers.
* Create and monitor fabrication facilities budget. Propose equipment upgrades and other improvements to facilities. Order materials, supplies, and equipment; receive deliveries.
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the various facilities of the department (located at different floors and buildings) - including, but not limited to equipment repairs and troubleshooting, hiring and paying of figure models, facility cleanouts. The fabrication facility contains state of the art laser/engraving machines, CNC mill, an extensive online tool checkout system and touchdown computer stations.
* Collaborate with computer lab staff to support/ upgrade facility technologies - research, recommend, implement, maintain and train staff/faculty on new technologies.
* Maintain WebCheckout (Equipment/Asset Reservation and Checkout).
* Other related duties as assigned by Director of Facilities.
Minimum Education & Experience and Job Specifications:
* Three years of equipment facility supervisory experience, preferably in an educational environment - ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot and repair shop equipment.
* Able to read Material Safety Data Sheets.
* One year of experience in staff management/ supervision.
* One year of experience in budget management, equipment and materials inventory and purchasing.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Proficiency in Illustrator/AutoCAD preferred.
* Familiarity with Peoplesoft, Rhinoceros, SolidWorks 3D rendering a plus.
* Must become Red Cross Certified in First Aid and CPR - certification provide through Columbia College Chicago
* Assisting technicians and student workers with moving ladders, shelves, and equipment and occasionally lifting boxes - not exceeding 50lb.
Association Status: This is a non-union position. Columbia College Chicago encourages qualified female, LGBTQ, disabled, and minority individuals to apply for all positions.
How to Apply:
To view the complete job description and apply, please visit: employment.colum.edu (Job ID 100666).
*IMPORTANT: At the start of the online application please upload ONE document that combines your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references; do not upload each document separately. The title of your document should be less than 60 characters and saved as a .doc, .docx, or a PDF file. Once you have successfully submitted your application, an e-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail provided in your application.
Visit www.colum.edu/EmploymentServices for application guidelines. If you experience technical difficulties please email email@example.com. No phone calls or hard copy materials. Only applications submitted via the College's online application system will be considered.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.