Refines or develops and implements visual elements or creative concepts for client deliverables across various touchpoints (packaging, in store, online, mobile, print, direct, etc.). As a part of, and under the direction of the Creative Team delivers basic to intermediate design program(s), integrating images, text, motion, etc, with a great sense of aesthetics, while executing against the brand and/or product vision, and the creative brief. Ensures deliverables are completed in an efficient manner- on time and on budget.
* Attends client meetings as necessary.
* Ensures high quality standards in all Creative Design client deliverables.
* Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of basic to intermediate level client design deliverables within budget, meeting client expectations, objectives, and creative brief specifications.
* Participates in creative brief processes or planning meetings with clients and/or internal teams for assignments of limited complexity as needed.
* Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in creative design concept, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks.
* Seeks developmental opportunities to grow skill set and career growth, and ensure a satisfactory employment experience; and to help maintain an open mind and enhance the flexibility to adapt to change as the business environment dictates.
* Promotes a healthy work environment by focusing on achieving SMART (specific, measureable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound) work objectives and by encouraging teamwork, listening and valuing the opinions of others, and acknowledging their accomplishments and efforts.
* Supports Company's profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Creative Design activities.
* May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Education & Certifications
* College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Package Design, Interior Design, Advertising, Marketing, Publishing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
* Experience in a Creative Design Studio/Agency (Advertising, Marketing, Publishing, Film, etc.) environment or similar Graphic Arts environment a plus.
Skills & Abilities
* Basic knowledge of Schawk's products, solutions and services a plus.
* Basic understanding of the assigned clients' products, services, and brand image.
* Basic understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, tools and processes, across various touchpoints (e.g. packaging, in store, online, mobile, print, direct, etc.).
* Good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail).
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Basic to proficient Computer Software (SW) Skills:
o Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
o Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
o Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress; Project Management Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
* Basic to intermediate Creative Design skills.
* Ability to translate existing and emerging concepts into actual brand and/or product graphic designs.
* Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organization.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients (e.g. service providers, product manufacturers, printers, and/or clients).
* Ability to work well in a team environment, with a moderate degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.