Designer, Future Technologies
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
An exciting digital transformation is underway: Enhanced eBooks and mobile apps are transforming how we think about storytelling and book reading at Random House- Penguin; the Financial Times has led the industry in HTML5 app publishing; and in our education businesses, tablets are changing the way we learn, both in and out of the classroom.
The Future Technologies team works across Pearson companies worldwide, exploring new technologies appearing on the horizon by producing prototypes within the context and goals of Pearson business units.
The right candidate will be a self-sufficient designer with a strong portfolio, and possess a desire to explore the unknown - plus be detail-oriented, reliable, conscientious, and most importantly passionate about design and technology. Required skills include proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, and other relevant tools such as Omnigraffle, as well as with mobile and/or web design is required.
The role: Provide designs for Future Technologies’ activities which help visualize, and consequently accelerate, Pearson’s introduction of innovative digital offerings.
The candidate: We are seeking an individual who has a hunger to apply their design insight to help bring to life previously unexplored digital experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work independently as well as under direction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce design concepts and assets that are fresh and innovative
• Visualize and design user experiences by creating visual prototypes or screens
• Take ownership and responsibility for the design of prototype projects
• Translate complex ideas into efficient and effective user-centric solutions
• Openly discuss, explain and justify design decisions with other team members
• Present concepts and ideas to the team and senior leadership
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to execute on overall project objectives
• Follow trends and developments in design fields, and share with the wider Pearson design/UX communities
Skills and Experience:
• 2 or more years experience of creating successful interactive mobile and/or web-based experiences in a professional environment
• Rapid designing and prototyping skills, including sketching, wireframing and user journeys
• Solid visual design skills and relevant, practical experience
• Experience in designing across multiple platforms and device types
• Expert proficiency in Adobe CS/CC and other design tools
• Some intermediate HTML/CSS skills are required
Education and Personal Qualities:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant design-related field
• Strong verbal and visual communication skills
• Good time management skills and organization
• Ability to confidently communicate and present ideas (verbal and written)
• Collaborates well with teams while showing individual initiative
• Able to manage and deliver multiple projects at once
Developer, Visual Design, Web Design, Book Publishing, Technology, Creative, Publishing
Please include URLs to online portfolios or portfolios in addition to CV/resume.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.