Sr. Interior Designer
Position Title: Sr. Interior Designer
Location: US – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Job Level: Senior Staff
Field: Interior Design and Architecture
Design thinking, understanding and articulating user insights, working with external design resources, creates and develops spatial concept presentations.
The Steelcase Design team is looking for a talented senior level interior designer who is passionate about furniture, technology and how the evolving nature of work is impacting space. Steelcase Design is a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary studio that is responsible for innovative products, showrooms, and employee work environments. Our Studios are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Strasbourg, France; Rosenheim, Germany and Hong Kong.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have a strong portfolio of work, process and problem solving.
• Be highly empathetic and have a proven ability to research design problems and express design direction in clear, compelling frameworks.
• Work quickly and effectively through concept explorations in order to illustrate the corners/edges of a design problem.
• Have an intuitive sense for complex systems balanced with an extreme eye for details.
• define, own and clearly communicate, while helping cross functional teams understand the design intent.
• Be constantly feeding their intellectual and visual curiosities.
• Understand how to balance being provocative and being pragmatic.
• Be very comfortable expressing their point of view.
* At least 7 years of hands on design experience. A minimum of an Interior Design degree, Architecture degree, or equivalent work experience is required.
* Knowledge of construction means and building systems.
* Should have ability to work in all phases of interior architecture, from programming through to construction administration.
Please forward a copy of your most recent resume and portfolio to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.