Lead Prototyper - Digital Media Group
Lead Digital Product Developer (Prototyper), Product Design
As a Digital Product Developer, your focus is in creating mind-blowing experiences that people love and in having a knack for architecture, collaboration and iteration in order to make those experiences even better. You’re a master of creating the right combination of well-thought design, extensive research and intuition that comes from your gut. You understand how important reusability and open source is. You are a hacker at heart and Linus Torvalds is probably a big inspiration for you. You're multi-faceted and have dabbled elsewhere... perhaps with visual design or art – and can speak those languages for the sake of better collaboration. You “get” multi-screen. "Device agnostic" is your creed and prototyping is your mantra. You’re nimble and savvy. You're not afraid to let your geek-flag fly. You have an unavoidable obsession with trends across entertainment, science fiction, video games, pop-culture, fashion, art, design and technology. You see as much inspiration software design and code poetry as you get from a stroll through the CERN or a TARDIS.
This job isn’t just about developing experiences that produce "clicks" and sales success. It’s also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love. It’s about helping people get the most possible enjoyment out of the service we provide. It’s about making the entertainment experience that much better with DIRECTV than it is with any other provider, so our customers fall in love with our products and services over and over, on every screen they desire.
• Partner with the UI/UX team to research, concept and execute on all digital platforms
• Create services that bridge internal as well as external entities
• Design and develop a harmonious system architecture through collaboration with different development teams and partners
• Partner with content designers, other developers, strategists, stakeholders and product owners to create new products and features support and enhance cross-platform experiences and strategies
• Know when to both inspire and collaborate with your team to make career-defining work
• 5+ years of experience developing back-end system with at least two different computer languages.
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience with Node.js, MongoDB and Express
• A strong understanding of OO and experience with MVC system architecture
• An uncanny ability to communicate and present complex products, services and features, in a simple, intuitive and engaging manner to a variety of different partners and collaborators
• Experience leading or mentoring a small team of developers
• Bachelors in computer science or a related masters is a plus – but we will accept relevant work experience
Can This Be You?
Partnering closely with product design, content design, research, and product strategy teams you are the voice of our products and services and our users – on all screens. You are interested in features and user needs and want to leap across all digital platforms with cat-like grace—PC, mobile, consoles, and set top box. You’re a hungry mind. You love technology. You see the world in matrix. And what about execution? You are a master ninja (or perhaps you have a secret desire to be Aeon Flux), striking at carefully timed deadlines and pivoting with precision and uber-style, never missing a beat.
Blind us with your stunning resume, portfolio and accomplishments. Show us what you're made of.
The Team: DIRECTV's Digital Media Group
The entertainment landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace, with great content available on more screens than ever. DIRECTV is at the epicenter of that change. With a 20 million household reach, DIRECTV is a driving force in defining the next generation of multi-screen entertainment.
The Digital Media Group designs the cross-device entertainment experience for DIRECTV. With a diversely talented staff of nearly 100 designers, writers, artists, producers, and developers, our arsenal includes end-to-end product development, UX/UI design, content strategy and marketing communications across all digital platforms. We are poised to jump-shift the digital entertainment game to the next level.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.