Sr. Design Manager
Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative technology company that is the online leader in the memorial and obituary market. Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral home clients in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
With more than 27 million unique visitors per month and 275 million monthly page views, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast. By comparison, Legacy.com has more monthly visitors than WebMd.com, Apple.com, NewYorkTimes.com, CNN.com and other well-known brands.
Legacy.com has achieved strong, consistent revenue growth and is a highly profitable internet business. Legacy.com is well funded and backed by Great Hill Partners, a leading private equity firm investing in high-quality media and technology businesses.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a talented, experienced Sr. Design Manager who will report to our VP of Product Strategy and Development in our Naperville, IL office.
The Sr. Design Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with Product Management, Technology Development, Advertising, Content, Marketing, Sales teams and Senior Management stakeholders to create and communicate concepts, develop and execute design solutions and assets, and be the overall owner of design of Legacy.com and affiliated sites. The candidate will be required to utilize best design practices and user-centered design approaches that fit with the Legacy.com culture, user base, and company strategy, while also taking into consideration business needs. The candidate should be fluent in not only web design, but also technology and usability.
• Create wireframes, mock-ups, sitemaps/ information architecture, page layouts, user flows, screen comps, styleguide.
• Design visual elements including logos, icons, banners, and navigational systems.
• Create design prototypes a plus.
• Production work is part of the daily responsibilities of this position.
• Responsible for overall look and feel of Legacy.com and related sites/pages.
• Balance solid understanding of UX with business needs, industry/ market trends and company capabilities and convert into practical design solutions.
• Contribute to content strategy.
• Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
• Responsive web design
• Diverse user/ customer base
• Content and ecommerce frameworks
• Product pages
• Potentially marketing collateral
• Develop new initiatives for the site; generates ideas beyond assigned projects.
• Interpret data and translates business strategy into creative strategy.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape.
• Build relationships with other functional leaders in the organization and champion the value of design.
• Portfolio that displays an understanding of user-centered design (PLEASE include link to ONLINE portfolio)
• ~6 years web interface/layout design and interactive work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in fine/ graphic arts or design (or comparable field of study)
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, OmniGraffle etc.
• Must have a keen understanding of how to create modern UI that are clean and take into consideration the many facets and feeds that go into a high traffic, diverse user based site
• Ability to think creatively and justify concepts.
• Experience with strategic brainstorming and creative execution.
• Must be able to deliver high quality work across multiple projects consistently on time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication for all levels of the organization required.
• Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Life and Accident Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Paid Time Off
• 401k plan
• Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Casual dress every day
• Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
• Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
Local candidates only, please. There is no relocation package available for this position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HRDept@legacy.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.