Associate Industrial Designer
Xela Innovations, llc is seeking a talented, self-motivated and resourceful industrial designer (product designer) whom aspires to collaborate in the innovation of Xela's future market expansion. The objective of this role is to both improve service and related products with current clientele and further develop Xela's market position through innovative products.
The candidate will support all aspects of the product commercialization. The responsibilities include creating optimum product design solutions through the balance of market research, prototype development, engineering, manufacturing, materials, aesthetic form and cost factors. In addition, the candidate will direct a wide range of marketing collateral initiatives (graphic design, product renderings, etc) for the product launches.
The ability to communicate and demonstrate concepts by hand sketches and solid form models is a prerequisite (3D CAD - SW is recommended). In addition, the candidate would need to conduct and direct required research and testing to establish user focused product specifications and validate concepts. Lastly, the candidate would ensure that design language and intent is maintained throughout the development process to mass production.
This position is NOT for an individual looking for a large company and a one-dimensional career. This opportunity requires a focused team player that is excited to multi-task, continually learn new skills and become a member of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, evolving and exciting product development business.
• Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in product development
• Knowledge of materials and processes associated with mass production, especially regarding plastics
• Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of basic mechanisms
• Exceptional sketching and form development skills (prototypes)
• Collaborate with Engineers to convert ideas into practical 3-D CAD models, applying aesthetics, human factors, manufacturability
• Mechanical aptitude for interpretation of mechanical drawing specifications
• Experience with design and graphics software SolidWorks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Alias, Rhino, Hypershot, etc.
• Demonstrated track record of innovative and user need driven design
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• High-energy self-starter with a proactive approach to both team work and independent development
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to work under date-driven schedules and manage cross-functional development efforts
Bonus Skill Set: Proficiency in Solidworks
Located in Milwaukee, Xela is a small corporation that has been innovating, designing and developing products for 30 years. It has and continues to design in a wide range of industries including; Medical, Computer, Athletic, Sports Therapy, Plumbing, Bathroom, Cosmetic, Government and Entertainment. Currently, Xela is designing and developing a wide range of products that are private labeled by some of the largest bathroom, kitchen and commercial consumer goods’ companies in the world.
Xela's primary initiative is to leverage its strong industry reputation and extensive experience to build its design and product service model to a wide range of new business horizons and proprietary products.
See related web-sites: www.muderlakdesign.com; www.xelainnovations.com and www.purleve.com
Send Resume and Portfolio
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.