CREATIVE DIRECTOR, GAMES
Rovio has been growing rapidly after the phenomenal success of Angry Birds and the growth still keeps on going! We are looking for a Creative Director to join our Games team in Espoo, Finland.
In this role you will be carrying an essential responsibility to steer the creative and design aspects of our games. This role will allow you to mastermind new design mechanics for future Rovio games and also you will be consulted for the key features of existing Rovio game updates.
- You will be part of Studio management and have a critical role in Studio's creative direction.
- Your primary focus will be to develop F2P casual mobile/Tablet game mechanics which will be played by wide global player base.
- You will be leading the prototyping projects of our studio.
- You will be coaching and consulting other game designers in the studio,
- You will be consulting Product Owners/Managers for topics about user engagement, retention and game economy.
- You will be following the industry closely and help our studio to be pioneer in new growing design trends.
- Minimum 6 years of commercial experience in game design with a proven track record of at least one free to play game.
- You can think "out of the box" but you do not forget "where the box is".
- Strong understanding of game design techniques and theory.
- User centric design approach.
- Experience in making decisions based on metrics and user data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong team-work skills and natural-charisma to be able to motivate others
- Passion for games and genuine interest in casual F2P games.
In order to be our ideal candidate you will possess a suitable educational background with demonstrated ability to manage tasks independently with high-quality results. The role requires ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. You have a proactive mind-set and are ready to learn and adopt new things. Excellent written and oral skills in English are essential. You enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
We offer a great opportunity to take part in the development of the firm, great colleagues with team-oriented, informal, international and, inspiring working environment. We encourage and cherish an innovative culture - Rovio is the right place for development minded people who enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment full of opportunities!
If you have the right qualifications we are looking forward to hearing from you right away!
Please apply by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working along with a salary request soonest. Aim high and slingshot your application over!
We look forward to hearing from you!
How To Apply