Senior UX Designer
We're looking for a rockstar Senior UX Designer to join our team! This is a unique opportunity to help develop user-centric, mobile-first, socially-enabled products for a very passionate audience at a mid-sized company with an entrepreneurial spirit and startup feel. Our ideal candidate has a lot of proven UX experience under their belt, but is also the consummate team player, highly motivated, energetic, smart and always, always puts the user first.
You should be an extremely organized, detail-obsessed self-starter with a passion for everything digital. The ability to juggle multiple projects and stay calm and collected under pressure must be part of your DNA. You thrive on being part of a collaborative team and will never say the words “It’s not my job”!
Teams at XO Group are very dedicated and excited about what they do – we work hard to maintain that atmosphere. The right candidate will be proactive, smart, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic.
- Participate in the full life cycle of user-centric product development across web, mobile web and iOS/Android native apps, working closely with product management, visual designers, developers and editorial.
- Create wireframes, low-fidelity mockups and experience prototypes to present to stakeholders and guide development.
- Collaborate closely with visual designers to create delightful, on-brand experiences.
- Define innovative yet easy to use interfaces and interaction styles which result in improved user productivity and site performance.
- Develop and maintain patterns and best practices for use across teams.
Work with product team to conduct user testing to gather user feedback, needs, and insights to identify new and validate existing opportunities for improvement.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Coach other team members to ensure user experience as a key element of their thinking.
- Help evangelize UX throughout the organization.
What we love about you:
- You're passionate about creating user-centric digital products
- Strong track record of UX design, information architecture and user research across web and mobile platforms
- Experience presenting work to various levels of business, design and tech teams, and communicating the user experience requirements
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and business goals to UX designs
- Enthusiastic creativity -- you are passionate about great ideas!
- Irrepressible desire to make things perfect and an impeccable attention to detail
- The ability juggle multiple projects at once, requiring excellent project and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert user of tools for developing site maps and wireframes
- Knowledge of and/or experience with today’s web development technology trends
- Mobile Web and app development
- Responsive Web design principles
How To Apply