This position involves a broad range of responsibilities that will support as well as drive the Incase brand and its evolving product offering. The Industrial Designer will work within a group of designers to execute on brand and product-marketing goals, strategies and roadmaps.
• Design hard goods products ranging from protective cases to luggage and consumer electronics
• Create look and feel boards, design sketches, renderings and specifications/technical drawings for prototype production
• Collaborate with and take direction from the VP of Design, the creative team and the Development and Marketing teams
• Walk each project from concept through to production and become familiar with the entire product development process.
• Work on research and concept ideation
• Manage individual projects lists
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually and verbally communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
• Display an innovative, meaningful approach to design
• Good sense and knowledge of the current design market as well as the Incase brand
• Possess knowledge about materials and finishes and manufacturing processes
• Great passion for soft/hard goods design as well as a genuine interest in fashion, art and culture
• Cooperative, hard working, open minded and positive person
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or similar
• Highly proficient in 2D/3D computer software programs (e.g. Graphite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Alias Studio/Rhino/Solidworks or similar).
• Well organized with a high attention to detail
• Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
• Able to work in a team environment and take direction
• 1-3 years of Industrial Design experience
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.