Senior User Experience
Located just to the north of Chicago, Shure is involved in every aspect of design, engineering, sales, marketing, and manufacturing of microphones, pro audio gear and consumer electronics. Throughout the history of our Company, the success and reputation of the Shure brand has been defined by our continuous commitment to Total Quality, and it shows with every product we make. Put simply, microphones and audio electronics are our life. So whether you're a life-long Shure groupie or purchasing Shure products for the first time, we're confident you'll experience the same level of Total Quality audio professionals have appreciated for over 80 years. Shure was voted one of Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For.”
The Senior User Experience Designer assists with designing software applications that help the functionality of new and existing company products. This position will work closely with the User Experience (UX) Design Management, other designers, internal stakeholders, and end-users to define requirements, design solutions, and implement the final product. Utilizes strong systems thinking, UX concepting and wire-framing capabilities, UI architecture, and feature scoping skills May assist with the development of lower-level Designers.
• Works on projects from inception to launch, performing tasks such as user analysis, requirements definition, conceptual design, interaction design and interface specification.
• Works independently and in collaboration with UX management and designers to produce multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing, and customer review.
• Produces multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing and presentation to customers, working independently and in collaboration with UX management and designers.
• Collaborates with product managers on product requirements, focusing on the user experience, ease-of-use, and efficiency of associated software applications.
• Work with the Product Development division to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
• Meets with end users to assess and document user needs and use-cases.
• Leverages rapid prototyping and customer interaction to make informed design decisions.
• Drafts detailed functional requirements for product development teams including graphical renderings of the design intent.
• Reviews user documentation for accuracy regarding product features, proper usage and expected performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field. A portfolio of work samples is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a User Interface/User Experience Designer. Preferably designing Desktop and/or Mobile UIs
• Experience with products for audio or video professionals is preferred
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in user-centered design and related design methodologies.
• Strong systems thinking, UX concepting and wireframing capabilities, UI architecture and feature scoping skills.
• Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
• Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
• Ability to work as a member of a fast-moving multi-disciplinary team
• Competent-to-expert knowledge of design and documentation tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, Omnigraffle, AfterEffects and Axure.
• Excellent critical listening, analytic, and writing skills
• Strong visual design skills and sensibilities
• Ability to travel 25%
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.