Freelance Art Director
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A Freelance Art Director:
The Freelance Art Director will be responsible for the photo art direction of our Boutique photography on both fashion and tabletop sets. This role will report to the Associate Creative Director, and supports bringing to life the Rue La La brand daily.
We’re looking for someone with great leadership on set, a sophisticated aesthetic sense, and the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily. You’ll be working with a group of stylists, designers, photographers, and art directors obsessed with style, who pride themselves on the excellence in everything they do. Additionally experience working in a fast paces and highly collaboration environment is key.
• Become quickly immersed in the Rue Brand and maintain our brand style guidelines
• Follow seasonal direction developed by the Associate Creative Director and Art Directors
• Concept and execute photography for on-site assets
• Inspire and motivate the team. The art director must be able to lead the team on set to produce amazing images, that meet our brand standards, at a fast pace every day.
• See your assigned Boutiques from conceptualization to final production. Marking up images for retouching and giving direction to designers and junior designers.
• Work with the full-time team members, advocate for and steward the Rue La La brand experience.
• Receive and address constructive feedback from team the Associate Creative Director
• Ensure boutiques are always completed on time in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
This position requires:
• Experience with photo art direction on set. Both fashion on-model and tabletop.
• Ability to give direction on set to both stylists and photographers.
• Ability to juggle multiple sets at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude.
• A strong pulse on current trends in design, photography, and fashion.
• Great, positive attitude – we are a highly collaborative and collegial team.
• Fresh thinking and curiosity – the ability to solve complex visual problems creatively.
• Strong self-motivation, attention to detail, accountability, and drive to succeed.
• Excitement and passion to take the Rue La La brand to the next level.
• 5+ years experience as an Art Director focused on fashion or ecommerce brands .
• Expert-level skills with the latest Adobe suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, etc).
• An amazing portfolio.
• BA in Design or similar concentration.
We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.