Looking for an in house talented Product and Packaging designer
We are a housewares company with a lot of positive energy- Backed by our large parent company that has been in the industry for over 15 years..which maintain our headquarters in Manhattan together.
We have currently acquired the license to a live daytime cooking show with 10 Million+ viewers weekly, we are looking for someone to take lead of our art department and meet our upcoming deadlines.
Looking for a talented Product and Packaging designer that can take our products to the next level, We are working with very popular daytime live cooking show on live everyday and have already built and executed the style guide we are now looking for an in house Designer to take the existing style guide and our products and design them to each other.
You will be working Directly with the owner of the company on designing and development .. We sell to all the major retailers in the country and have offices/factories in Hong Kong and China. If you are a creative genius who is looking for an OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME and want to play a critical and Senior role in the conception and implementation of Product and package/graphic design, this job is for you. You should be flexible/versatile, detail-oriented, and a self-starter. You need to be able to take constructive criticism and possess the innate ability to juggle assignments and manage your time. You don't need to know EVERYTHING but we are looking for someone who can adapt and Learn on the job.
You may have the opportunity to travel overseas, to work on new product designs layouts and to work with our many factories current production.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Qualification / Skills:
• 1-3 years graphic design experience (Branding, Packaging, In-house design department)
• Must be an expert in creating package structure and die lines for a variety of products and sending art files to factories, some POP Displays
• Photography skills are a plus
• Must be an expert in at least Adobe CS5 programs including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign and Acrobat
• Must have in depth knowledge of Photoshop specifically for color correction and retouching of products
• Experience with branding, logo, package design
• You need to be articulate enough to communicate with factories overseas in Hong Kong and China
• Copywriting promotional and/or advertising experience is a plus.
• Ability to manage departmental issues, multiple projects and make timely decisions
• Proficient in MS Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
*Must Have at least 5 yrs Experience in packaging and creativity design field.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CS5 and Adobe Acrobat;
• Microsoft - PowerPoint, Word, & Excel
• Strong understanding of pre-press procedures
• Create packaging design concepts that support current brand strategy
• Keep current with emerging trends and share innovations with team
• Innovative and creative..to be able to cross different customer bases.
• Highly creative, motivated team player with excellent, versatile problem solving skills;
• Able to convert stressful situations into positive experiences;
• Flexible/Adaptable - able to quickly shift priorities and multitask often;
• Proven ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to write clear, concise design briefs that capture project objectives
• Bring passion and enthusiasm to your work!
• Desire to advance your work and sharpen your skills
This is for an in house position.
How To Apply