Design Strategy Director - Healthcare
IA is an award winning creative enterprise specializing in branding, graphic and interaction design, product innovation, and strategic research. Through contextual research and validation, we uncover unmet consumer needs, define emerging business opportunities, and deliver game changing solutions. We do immersive research - not number crunching or surveys - we go out in the world and observe people. If our client wants to design a better running shoe, we go out and hit the pavement with marathon runners, talk to triathletes and go shopping with fitness consumers. We gain insights from experiences, not focus groups. Every aspect of IA, from our open-office structure to our iterative strategic and creative process, results in user-centered design.
At IA Collaborative you will have the opportunity to leverage and develop your existing talents and skills while being exposed to IA’s cutting-edge research, strategy, creative philosophies, and tools. You’ll work with a team of people who are passionate about learning, highly strategic in their approach, and deeply committed to creative excellence.
Currently, we are looking for a talented leader with a passion for strategy and extensive experience providing viable, user-centered innovations across products, services, and businesses for leading healthcare companies. This individual will join the IA team as a Strategy Director and oversee the strategic future of our healthcare client accounts, creating end-to-end solutions that transform the way they do business, create advantage, and go to market.
As a Strategy Director, you will:
• Act as the senior-most client partner for IA’s healthcare-related accounts. Along side IA’s account staff, you will inspire and shepherd clients through the research, strategy, design, and commercialization process, facilitating and leading collaborative planning sessions, regularly scheduled meetings, ideation sessions and presentations.
• Lead the research and strategy development process across projects. You will work with clients and colleagues to analyze secondary research, identify key user, business and design trends, and frame opportunities and research plans. You will work with your team and colleagues to plan, recruit and conduct user research, lead and collaborate in the synthesis process to develop key insights, research summaries, design and business strategies, creative concepts, roadmaps and long term plans. This requires excellent research skills, analytical and creative thinking, organization, collaboration, writing, diagramming, and strategic communication.
• Lead development of comprehensive solutions that define business paths forward, integrated customer engagement opportunities and strategies, needed technology and process/resource capabilities. Concept and craft key brand and innovation strategies that communicate insights, strategic directions, and creative concepts.
• Own and extend client relationships and set the direction for the new business development process, creating innovative and memorable ways to differentiate IA and win business. This includes drafting strategic components of new business proposals, collaborating with account staff to manage and extend client relationships to garner new business.
• Manage the growth and development of the Strategy team. Conduct the reviews of Strategy staff and plan out growth objectives and tools/methods to achieve personal objectives. Participate in recruiting and hiring of internal Strategy staff.
• Demonstrate awareness of innovation landscape outside IA Collaborative. Develop new strategy methods and offerings to build out innovation capabilities in house.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. MBA desired.
• At least ten years of professional work experience within a strategic design firm, management consultancy, or healthcare-related company.
• Advanced knowledge of and experience within business strategy, product management, organizational planning and user driven research and design.
• Familiarity with applicable healthcare industry governing standards and regulatory requirements.
• Dynamic written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive and confident personality blended with a strong work ethic.
IA Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.