UI/UX Visual Designer
Xoom Corporation (Nasdaq: XOOM), one of the fastest growing digital money transfer companies in the world, is revolutionizing the international money transfer market by providing people with an easy, convenient and cost-effective means of sending money worldwide. We are looking for a Senior UX Visual Designer to work on our Product Team.
We want you to have an innate passion for customer satisfaction, and the desire to have a significant and lasting impact on the Xoom customer experience.
At Xoom you will:
• Design GUIs and define GUI standards based on user research, market and sales drivers, business requirements, and technical requirements
• Conceptualize and create designs, prototypes, and specifications to inform and guide development efforts on new features and products
• Work well in cross-functional teams and have a strong leadership presence. Exceptional communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are a must. Moreover you need to balance user experience, business needs and time-to-market, and make tradeoffs where appropriate
• Revamp and modernize our site to provide a seamless experience in order to increase our conversion and retention rates
• Internationalize and localize our site to support multiple languages, currencies and payment types
• Leverage the latest technologies to add new and innovative features to continually delight our customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define and maintain visual design best practice and styleguide
• Create visual design, graphic assets, and iconography across multiple online products for web, mobile and social platform
• Creating promotional and other marketing/sales focused graphics
• Create prototypes, assets and web pages which capture the interface flow, navigation, and look and feel.
• Develop a user centric paradigm within the immediate product team and beyond
• Develop and evangelize a process for user centered design
• Implement a usability program to gain insights into our users behaviors and needs
• Leverage the power of analytical tools to uncover trouble spots in our site
• Be involved during all stages of the product life cycle.
• Work on multiple projects in parallel, with the ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure, with good humor
• Keep abreast with design trends and conduct visual design competitive analysis as needed
• Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
• Articulate multiple concepts and ideas quickly and use your communication skills to influence decisions. Actively solicit feedback to ensure that all activities and deliverables meet expectations
• Familiar with best practices in user experience, information architecture and web/software product development
• Expert knowledge of typography, color, and composition
• Knowledge of major multimedia, design, and operating system software, especially Adobe Creative Suite
• A strong design portfolio, showing great sense of design and creativity
• Experience in rapid and iterative design and development processes
• Passionate about designing delightful and compelling visual experiences
• At least 4+ years experience working as a senior-level interaction designer for finance-related and/or e-commerce transactional websites. Visual web design experience a plus
• Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Graphic Arts, Visual Communication or related field
Please apply and we will contact you!
This is a full time position in downtown San Francisco!
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.