Join the Obscura team in the creation of groundbreaking immersive, conceptual, and interactive experiences. As a UX designer at Obscura, you will help to concept, design, and communicate a wide range experiences ranging from passive to interactive, environmental to screen based, physical to digital.
We’re looking for experienced candidates who are able to transform interactive and experiential concepts into thoughtful and articulate user journeys through sketch, illustration, and writing. In addition to simply demonstrating features and functions of a concept its important to be able to tell a story and create a sense of empathy around the journey.
Skills & Experience:
- The ability to bring order and elegance to complex experiences.
- Advanced empathy for both the user/viewer and clients
- Communication Skills: Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation skills.
- Time/Interaction Based User Flows
- Concept sketching skills
- Rich Wireframing
- Motion & Sound Design sensibilities
- Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Keynote, etc.
- Insight Driven - always keeping the users behavior in mind.
- Agile - able to evolve a design and to work at different levels of detail.
- Realist - thinks big but keeps technical feasibility and economic viability in sight.
- Evangelizes best practices while pushing boundaries to explore new territory.
- Technology agnostic (mobile, screen, touch, gesture, physical ,etc.)
- Able to distinguish between good and great work.
Timing: Full Time. Contract-to-hire. Permanent.
Location: San Francisco
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.