Moment is looking for an exceptional Experience Designer (XD) to join our team in New York.
We’re looking for T-shaped people, with broad skills in business consulting, user research, service design and experience strategy and 2-3 years of hands-on experience in information architecture and interaction design for software or web applications. Our XDs have responsibilities across the entire spectrum of digital product design, from user research to product definition, design and specification of product UI.
We rely heavily on critique and collaboration. If you can imagine contributing your expertise in a low-ego, team environment–working hand-in-hand with Graphic Designers, Team Leads and our client’s business and technology stakeholders–then this position may be for you.
Moment’s projects stand on the leading edge of technology adoption, spanning industries like media and entertainment, financial services, healthcare, and education and working with clients to produce successful multi-platform digital products for the web and mobile devices.
Successful candidates will have:
- 2-3 years of information architecture, interaction, or interface design experience in a consulting or corporate environment
- A degree in Design-related field (Master's degree in HCI or Interaction Design preferred)
- Fluency with core experience design methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping for screen-based experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Important attributes include:
- Expertise in user research methods to drive usability and identify opportunities for change
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking' and ability to engage upstream from the traditional role of the designer
- Interest in the capabilities and limitations of the latest "front-end" internet technologies and the curiosity to tinker
- A love of critique, collaboration and co-authorship (Moment’s three C’s). Lone geniuses need not apply.
Send a brief cover letter, together with a resume (PDF, Word File, LinkedIn profile etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include links to previous work, online portfolio, or personal website with work samples.
Please include your preferred email address in the body of the email.
*Applicants that do not follow the above submission requests may not be considered.
How To Apply