Altra, the original “Zero Drop” running shoe is looking for a Designer to create apparel to match the innovation of our shoes. We pushed the boundaries of innovation in shoes with our “Foot Shaped” toe box, cushioned “Zero Drop,” “A-Bound” cushioning and “Metatarsal Mapping.” We now want to innovate running apparel. If you have a passion for running or outdoor activities and enjoy a fast-paced innovative environment, this is the place for you. The primary responsibilities of the Apparel Designer are to provide design work of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the aesthetic and functional needs of the Altra customer. You need to be confident designing whole collections around cohesive designs, functional apparel and cost targets that deliver on time. Also, you must demonstrate a clear understanding product design and development.
The Designer should provide creative solutions and technical execution for a complete collection that combine all relevant trends, material, and market research into a viable product line. They will be accountable for the creation and production of the brand and demonstrate a track record of designs with successful market launches.
• 5 to 7 years of Related Professional Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Design “Apparel”, or equivalent education and or experience.
• Experience in designing successful products and collections.
• Experience in managing complete product and collection cycles.
• A command in flat sketching.
• Expert with CAD software - Proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
• Expert in creating of design tech packs.
• Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present concepts and review boards to various groups within the organization.
• Excellent research and analysis and design cycles.
• Strong capabilities in formulating color palettes.
• A great knowledge and understanding of apparel construction.
• Strong knowledge of product design and development process.
• Strong understanding of designing for market trends.
• A strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design functional apparel.
• Basic knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
• Basic knowledge of product costs and impact of design.
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Responsible for the high-quality execution of designs for a product category; work may be performed directly by Sr. Designer or by other Designers.
• Work with Product Director to give input on line and product direction.
• Execution of individual designs and collections appropriate to product and design brief. Creation of high quality design tech packs during design process.
• Manage a design schedule to ensure on time delivery to the appropriate product development cycle.
• Research industry and product trends. Partner with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications.
• Collaborate with overseas developers to create innovative and technologically advanced products.
• Responsible for proof of concept work.
• Responsible for defining product appropriate fit.
• Presents well-defined ideas and concepts to internal staff and outside reps.
Please attach a portfolio to the attachment section of the online application, or include a link to your online portfolio on your resume.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.