Editorial Design - On Site Freelancer
Cincinnati Magazine is looking for a creative, experienced, highly motivated Graphic Designer to handle a broad range of design duties in the conception, coordination, and execution of a monthly city magazine. This opportunity is a temporary, full-time, junior level position, and the timeframe will be determined as we move forward, based on workload, with a possibility of growing into a full-time permanent staff position. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong typography skills, experience in photo direction and styling, the ability to work closely with editorial staff and freelance photographers and illustrators. As well a fresh, creative approach to design. Ability to meet deadlines a must.
• Design of the front-of-book pages (Frontlines and Radar sections), and back-of-book pages (restaurant listings), as well as other publications/materials as needed.
• Stock photo researching and gathering for publication
• Assigning illustration and photography
• Support the art department in timely completion of design tasks.
• Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• We are looking for a visual communicator, not a page decorator.
• Also includes filing, tracking, and general organization.
• Candidate must have excellent design and typographic skills coupled with a passion for magazine layout, as well as a commitment to excellence.
• The preferred candidate will have a dogged devotion to creative thinking and organization, as well as a personal commitment to new ideas and finding inspiration.
• Thorough technical knowledge of OSX, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; as well as a working knowledge of current printing and production technology. Knowledge of DPS and/or video is a bonus.
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize. The ability to juggle multiple projects is a must!
• Candidate must be enthusiastic, highly organized, self-motivated, and possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume and several samples of recent work (URL or PDF samples encouraged—under 1MB please) to Grace Saunders
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.