Senior Graphic Designer
From specialty retail to large-scale master planning, Callison applies holistic design to a diverse range of projects and markets around the world. We form collaborative relationships with top-tier brands and developers and provide expertise in areas such as sustainability, design technology, branding and real estate strategy. This empowers us to create environments that exceed business goals, inspire communities and provide emotional returns for users.
With ten offices practicing in the world's major economic markets, we provide our employees access to multiple projects, Fortune 500 clients and cutting-edge technology. In turn, their individual career development fuels our global practice. Callison is growing in tandem with change in our industry and we're looking for operations team members, architects and interior designers to be a part of our vision.
We are currently looking for a Senior Graphic Designer for our Global Retail Studio in our Seattle Office. This is a senior level, leadership design position, typically with 10-20 years of graphic design or related design studio experience- specifically in branding, corporate identity, print, retail packaging, and trade dress that will be integrated into the branded built environment- Callison’s primary product. This individual reports to the Graphic Design Studio Lead, but is expected to be an industry leader, key seller and presenter in addition to their award-winning design skills. They will be part of the leadership structure of our studio and a voice of specialized design leadership on project teams that include architects, interior designers, planners and in-house brand strategists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
• Leads specifically assigned Graphic Design projects.
• Broadens Callison’s current print capabilities.
• Hands-on award-winning design of brand identities, print collateral, and retail trade dress for built environments for clients in all Callison markets (retail, corporate, healthcare, destinations).
• Delivers winning graphic design selling strategies, proposals and marketing presentations.
• Manages project client relationships. Must have excellent communication skills.
• Mentors junior design staff by providing positive design leadership and management of the project design process to deliver quality products.
• Works collaboratively with Managers to facilitate development of project budgets, staffing and work plans.
• Works with freelance talent to broaden current delivery capabilities as needed.
• Partners with Callison market-lead designers, architectural teams and brand strategists to deliver a broad offering of products and services to our clients worldwide.
• Accountable to client, team, schedule and budget.
• Helps facilitate studio growth goals by continually elevating the quality of Callison’s design product, inspiring the growth of design staff, capturing new market opportunities, and raising the profile of our studio in the design community.
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field.
• Minimum 10 years experience as a senior graphic designer.
• Minimum 10 years experience in print, packaging and brand identity design.
• Must be able to market, sell and deliver world-class graphic design product that positions our clients at the top of their markets.
• Retail project experience is highly desired. Broad experience in hospitality, corporate, healthcare project types is a plus.
• Must have excellent conceptual skills, illustrative and storytelling skills.
• Must be able to deliver brand concepts that apply to a broad range of media channels.
• Must develop an understanding how brand translates into the built environment.
• Must develop an understanding of architectural drawings.
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment. Must be a team leader, inspirational to others.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (minimum).
• Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Please email your resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to Employment@callison.com
We offer a competitive salary with a benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), and an ORCA transportation pass. Free gym access, a bonus plan, and a great downtown location are just some of our other benefits. For more information please visit us on the web at: Callison.com/careers
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.
How To Apply