From major industry trade shows to high profile events and high quality exhibits that produce lasting results, Hargrove helps corporations, non-profits and government agencies bring their vision to life. Hargrove is a certified, woman-owned business and one of the top 20 companies in the U.S. focused on providing a tailored and flexible service approach to the more than 1,000 tradeshow, event and exhibit clients it serves annually.
Reporting the Executive Director of Creative Services, you will provide creative support to the Special Event, Exhibit, and Trade Show divisions. Candidates will provide both graphic and environment designs. You will work with clients, Account Executives and Estimators to determine an appropriate design direction, based on the client’s needs and budget. The Designer then provides illustrations for client presentations and subsequent revisions. When the project goes into production the Designer provides necessary guidance to the production department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Meet with clients and do site surveys when appropriate.
• Attend meetings with team members Account Executives, Account Managers, and Estimators to determine scope of work, budget, design direction, presentation requirements and a timeline.
• Work directly with Clients, Estimators, Account Executives, Account Managers and the Production Department during the design process to ensure the proposed designs are within budget and appropriate to the project and venue.
• Strive to design a product and develop concepts that include functionality, serviceability, manufacturing, and material selections that are fresh and original while keeping the needs of Hargrove and the client in mind.
• Provide Graphic Designs, Illustrations and layouts for internal and external clients.
• Provide 3D images and 2D drawings for client or vendor review by using traditional hand drawn techniques and or PC format programs such as; Autodesk 3D-VIZ, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Provide collateral support such as graphic design, content development etc..
• Provide printed and or digital materials for the final presentation.
• Provide callouts and design intent on all designs. These call outs are to be used for estimating and initial production conversations.
• Provide revisions upon request.
• Work with the Account Team, Detailing and Production to provide appropriate details for production.
• Review all detail drawing for adherence to design intent.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in design related field such as, Exhibit Design, Industrial Design, Theater or Architecture
• Four (4) years experience designing environments
• Ability to model, light and render scenes in 3D Studio Max
• Strong graphic design skills and knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator and 3D software.
• Skilled in translating marketing messages and guidelines to environments and experiences
• Must be detail-oriented, possess exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Individual must be able to effectively communicate and comfortably interact with colleagues, managers and clients.
• Resourcefulness; possessing innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Why work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers paid time off, Health/Dental/Vision, FSA, Life/Short & Long term Disability Insurance and 401K. Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
From major industry trade shows to high profile events and high quality exhibits that produce lasting results, Hargrove helps corporations, non-profits and government agencies bring their vision to life. Hargrove is one of the top 20 companies in the U.S. focused on providing a tailored and flexible service approach to the more than 1,000 tradeshow, event and exhibit clients it serves annually.
How To Apply