PepsiCo - Director, Design Innovation
Michelle Stuhl & Company is a global retained executive search firm specializing in recruiting creative and business talent for executive and senior-level positions. We are working with Mauro Porcini, SVP and Chief Design Officer at PepsiCo to build a world-class in-house design studio that will lead and manage creative initiatives for all Pepsi products. Mauro is a compelling leader - smart, talented, strategic and passionate - a visionary - and has been featured in Fast Company magazine as well as Fortune's "40 under 40" list. His mission is to elevate and drive more creative and innovative design across all PepsiCo brands.
The Innovation Design Team will join PepsiCo's growing Design Team to help lead the innovation agendas for a portfolio of global brands. This team will need to effectively manage and influence a cross-functional team that includes brand innovation, consumer insights, brand marketing, R&D, and operations to successfully deliver strategically aligned and commercially viable innovation projects.
Director, Innovation Design, Global Design
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Design Innovation, the Director of Innovation Design will support the development and delivery of a wide range of innovation projects and be able to integrate the unique lens, skills, processes, and value that only a Design Thinking-based approach can offer to drive the innovation of entire ecosystems, holistic brand experiences, products and services.
The Director, Innovation Design will be responsible for all aspects of the front-end design process, ranging from problem definition, performing and analyzing consumer research, to brainstorming and visualizing ideas. They are fueled by imagination and creativity and like the challenge of creating what has not yet been created. They have a strong work ethic that helps solve unique and complex problems that have broad impact on PepsiCo's business growth. They are also focused on new creation driven through the lens of the PepsiCo consumer.
The person in this role will be accountable for supporting the development and delivery of a wide range of innovation projects. S/he will help to deliver projects from initial ideation, through concept development, to commercialization. The person in this role will work closely with internal and external partners to develop design projects that satisfy unmet consumer needs and the growth of PepsiCo's portfolio.
• Partners with R&D, consumer insights, brand managers etc. to develop new design platforms grounded in consumer insights and leverages technology and trends to create new sources of growth
• Provides design leadership around customer trends and testing, customer research, strategic planning, and holistic design principles
• Has a strong capability to identify people's unmet needs and is able to articulate and deliver that into a design strategy
• Has the ability to visualize new design platforms / products and can effectively leverage design tools (e.g. sketching, prototypes, video etc.) to bring their vision alive
• Can help lead and influence cross-functional teams in the development of new products from ideation, concept development to commercialization
• Can create passion, conviction and momentum around the right areas of opportunity
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in design, Masters degree in Industrial Design preferred
• 10+ years of Design Strategy and Innovation experience
• Proven ability to communicate with a technical organization (e.g. R&D) and a creative marketing organization
• A creative problem solver
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment
• Can build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and project leads
• Prior Global Experience preferred
• Prior Supervisory Experience preferred
This role is based in PepsiCo's new Design Center in New York City. If interested and appropriate, please submit your current resume and images of relevant projects to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your current resume and images of relevant projects to email@example.com.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.